Security Installer Community

Gardtec 840 removing smoke alarms from panel and program

Thanks

i was previously planning to remove the smokes from the system myself and find a way t disconnect the cables.

looks like I will pay for some help, but managed to remove the first smoke detector using engineer mode, but now can’t work out how to make it active again ( unremove it)

can you help with the steps in engineer mode to a ode to activate this smoke again p l e a s e.....plus steps to remove contacts in engineer mode in case I need to remove PIR in the future......Risco said page 84 of the manual, but would be great if the steps to add a contact and remove a contact could be listed for me...

thanks

engineer mode Yes

prigram zones Yes

Enter zone number Tes

this is where I need the steps p l e a s e.....

incidently the gardtec 840 was installed 1987 and upgraded 2003 so the smokes are 16 years old

it is hanging on, both the keypads have lost their front flip covers, the rear bellbox plastic is very fragile...and the control panel has had the PSU  from the dialler jumped across , as the main control panel PSU blew....so its all working, just getting old.

Edited by Reddwarf4ever

true dat

Not seen one in the wild for a few years now, but can always make out that Gardtec exit tone when I hear some shonky old shop shutting up for the night ;)  

3 hours ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

incidently the gardtec 840 was installed 1987

r u sure?

I am guessing you have, or have had, the oblong keypads then?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes that’s the keypads......

can anyone one help me with the engineer sequence to remove and add zones ? P l e a s e

have the manual, but the YES NO options get a bit confusing, I am capable, I am to programming, but just need a little help.

thanks in advance...

PS the displays are crystal clear.....and I am certain as I can be it was installed in 1987 as it was installed as the house was being built, which was in 1987......why does the year sound strange ???

7CC9C33D-AC31-4D50-8055-3A536304B7BE.jpeg

Edited by Reddwarf4ever
Added a picture

10 hours ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

Yes that’s the keypads......

can anyone one help me with the engineer sequence to remove and add zones ? P l e a s e

have the manual, but the YES NO options get a bit confusing, I am capable, I am to programming, but just need a little help.

thanks in advance...

PS the displays are crystal clear.....and I am certain as I can be it was installed in 1987 as it was installed as the house was being built, which was in 1987......why does the year sound strange ???

7CC9C33D-AC31-4D50-8055-3A536304B7BE.jpeg

im sure this is the contour 6 wire keypad

If it is the contaur 6 keypad, what year do you guess at ?

i had an upgrade in 2003, don’t remember the keypads being changed, but who knows.....my memory doesn’t LOL

if it had ACE would I then have a Fob ? Which I don’t have.....

found the engineer contact remove procedure.......

Enter engineer code
Press yes
Prog zone yes
Prog zone type yes
Enter zone number which is to be turned off
Press no
Yes
Yes
Press no until it says off
Press
Yes
Press 0/esc until you come out of engineer mode.

Just need a way to identify the smoke connections in the control panel, I know the zone numbers, but don’t know if the zones are numbered in the control panel, or maybe there are special connections just for smokes.....now I can remove the zones in the program, just need to remove the cabling at the control panel

any help please ?

1 hour ago, Reddwarf4ever said:

If it is the contaur 6 keypad, what year do you guess at ?

i had an upgrade in 2003, don’t remember the keypads being changed, but who knows.....my memory doesn’t LOL

if it had ACE would I then have a Fob ? Which I don’t have.....

found the engineer contact remove procedure.......

Enter engineer code
Press yes
Prog zone yes
Prog zone type yes
Enter zone number which is to be turned off
Press no
Yes
Yes
Press no until it says off
Press
Yes
Press 0/esc until you come out of engineer mode.

Just need a way to identify the smoke connections in the control panel, I know the zone numbers, but don’t know if the zones are numbered in the control panel, or maybe there are special connections just for smokes.....now I can remove the zones in the program, just need to remove the cabling at the control panel

any help please ?

What happened to paying someone to do this?