Security Installer Community

Flex 20 with 2 RF Rio modules

Hi Gents,

i have learned a lot from the forum and want to thank you, but I am also after your help for something I cannot find the answer to.

I have a Honeywell Flex 20 and it has 2 RF Portals attached, they are both blinking to indicate that they are communicating with the bus, if I pull the tamper link they both pop up on the keypad with their correct addresses. However, I am only seeing the range of addresses for 1 of the portals when I try to connect wireless devices... any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Neil

6 minutes ago, NPotty said:

Hi Gents,

i have learned a lot from the forum and want to thank you, but I am also after your help for something I cannot find the answer to.

I have a Honeywell Flex 20 and it has 2 RF Portals attached, they are both blinking to indicate that they are communicating with the bus, if I pull the tamper link they both pop up on the keypad with their correct addresses. However, I am only seeing the range of addresses for 1 of the portals when I try to connect wireless devices... any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Neil

20zones 

How many zones on the board? You can't have more than 20

Just now, NPotty said:

I have nothing wired on the board, I only use the RF portals. The unused hardwired are set to spare, do I need to turn these off completely?

Thanks,

Neil

Don't know we need galaxy guy 

Hi, sorry, on holiday...

OP, you just need to configure the 12 onboard zones as RF devices. One of the RF portals will have one virtual RIO enabled (8 zones) and this lets the panel use all 20 zones. The galaxy then uses agile routing to determine which portal has the best signal for the RF devices. You can also override this and fix a device to use a specific portal.

See my previous last post in this thread where the installer had a hard wired RIO too. This allowed any mix of hard wired or RF across all 20 zones.

https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/42671-galaxy-flex-20-with-rf-rio/?do=findComment&comment=483040

Hi @GalaxyGuy,

Thanks for replying even when you are on holiday - your help is appreciated!

I did come across this post, but I didn't understand how it translated to two RF Portals. Do I now just go to 52.1 and select a hardwired address and then select RF options within that address, then pair the device to that? If I do this, do I need to override the tamper for that hardwired channel then?

Thanks,

Neil

I wonder do Honeywell make it this way because they are trying to keep the dimension compatible with the G2 and flex and so on but they still can't get it right for the average DIY user 

Even complicated for installers

1 hour ago, NPotty said:

I have followed your link but in menu 52.60.1 I only see the one batch of 8 RF addresses. you mention enumeration - how do I do that?

Enter engineering mode and remove both portal and rio from the system.

2. Exit engineering mode and remove the devices from the config when prompted.

3. Set the RIO address to 2 and add back to the bus.

4. Enter eng mode and menu 72 to detect the device.

5. Add the portal and then menu 72 to detect it.

You didn't do this yet tho