Jump to content
Security Installer Community
Logan

Looking for 6 zone optimia compact

Recommended Posts

Im looking for a 6 zone optimia compact.  These panelsalso have rectangular buttons instead of round ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan said:

Im looking for a 6 zone optimia compact.  These panelsalso have rectangular buttons instead of round ones

Realistically most here chucks loads away , pretty sure if you got someone local to save on budget (postage) you could get plenty of panels

 

More than enough to get you evicted lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

I think you might mean an xm6 optima 

No but im looking for xl and xm paneld its a rare panel i have attached a photo 

 

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Realistically most here chucks loads away , pretty sure if you got someone local to save on budget (postage) you could get plenty of panels

 

More than enough to get you evicted lol

Do you have one?

s-l400 (6).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

no but ive probably got an xm somewhere

Infact i have brought a optimia XL6 that i brought to school for a presentation to have it smashed up by the school bully so ive been looking for one one on ebay

20190627_213601.jpg

20190627_213903.jpg

20190627_213910.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan said:

No but im looking for xl and xm paneld its a rare panel i have attached a photo 

 

Do you have one?

s-l400 (6).jpg

One of these ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

One of these ^

Yes the 6 zone optimia compact or optimia XL6 XL4 XM6 XM4 and optimia plus.   Also if you are wondering why i want this stuff see Here. Btw i moved back to the uk

Edited by Logan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be pulling an XM6 out in the next month or two if you are interested. It dates from around 1994 and has a spurious fault

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2019 at 17:16, Deryck Tintagel said:

I will be pulling an XM6 out in the next month or two if you are interested. It dates from around 1994 and has a spurious fault

I am most certainly interested.  I think the problem is the microprocessor might be corrupt or a terminal block or other connection might need resoldering or the filter capacitor is bad

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are very different faults to be thinking of as the problem. I assume you have not tested it and these are wild guesses?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They are very different faults to be thinking of as the problem. I assume you have not tested it and these are wild guesses?

He doesn't have it yet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/07/2019 at 17:16, Deryck Tintagel said:

I will be pulling an XM6 out in the next month or two if you are interested. It dates from around 1994 and has a spurious fault

 

It's an average of 1 post every 5 years ;) - but what a post,  just what the vintage area is all about - cheers 

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

 

It's an average of 1 post every 5 years ;) - but what a post,  just what the vintage area is all about - cheers 

Quality over quantity :-) I have been side-tracked by so many things over recent decades

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed the main supply filter capacitor for one that had a higher voltage years ago - probably before I fitted the panel. I think it was under-rated. The panel has been going into alarm even when unset but I don't think it is the tamper loop. I have a feeling that it was a zone that is not used and is linked out! I am not near the panel - on my parent's garage. I can cast an eye over the soldering when I take it out but I think I have done that as well!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deryck Tintagel said:

I changed the main supply filter capacitor for one that had a higher voltage years ago - probably before I fitted the panel. I think it was under-rated. The panel has been going into alarm even when unset but I don't think it is the tamper loop. I have a feeling that it was a zone that is not used and is linked out! I am not near the panel - on my parent's garage. I can cast an eye over the soldering when I take it out but I think I have done that as well!

I had a xm4 back in 2011 that the filter capacitor had exploded.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Logan said:

I had a xm4 back in 2011 that the filter capacitor had exploded.

Gotta ask Logan: What were you doing playing around with the insides of alarm panels or anything else Electrical at the tender age of 7 - 8 years old ?.

  • Downvote 2

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't mean it was powered. 


Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, norman said:

Doesn't mean it was powered. 

By the same token who's to say it wasn't powered ?, But where in my question did I say it was powered ?. Nowhere that I can see.

Edited by Specialist
  • Downvote 2

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Specialist said:

Gotta ask Logan: What were you doing playing around with the insides of alarm panels or anything else Electrical at the tender age of 7 - 8 years old ?.

Is he 7-8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Is he 7-8?

At the time al, i.e 2011 he could have been either 7 or 8.

Edited by Specialist
  • Downvote 1

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Specialist said:

At the time al, i.e 2011 he could have been either 7 or 8.

I wasn't that far off when looking at stuff aswell, but electrocuted myself when a bit older , had no safety in mind and patents just said yeah carry on lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Specialist said:

By the same token who's to say it wasn't powered ?, But where in my question did I say it was powered ?. Nowhere that I can see.

Then there is no relevance to it being "Electrical"


Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, norman said:

Then there is no relevance to it being "Electrical"

Really, there we go then. That's your opinion, mines different.

  • Downvote 1

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really children, marking my posts down because I asked a question that didn't suit. Do any of you actually think it counts for anything ?. No don't waste my time answering that, you obviously do.

  • Downvote 2

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.