Security Installer Community

HKC Remote Keypad - Can it Generate a Tone/Audio on Alarm Trigger?

I don't have an internal sounder (I would need one for front and back of house). However I have two keypads. Can I get them to sound a tone/announce that an alarm has occurred?. They tell me about it when I unset the alarm, but don't show any info on the display and are silent when I open a zone.

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

9 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

I don't have an internal sounder (I would need one for front and back of house). However I have two keypads. Can I get them to sound a tone/announce that an alarm has occurred?. They tell me about it when I unset the alarm, but don't show any info on the display and are silent when I open a zone.

No they won't 

But they will chime in a zone if you need that 

• Upvote 1

You can't make a keypad do that. It's not permitted to show any detail to a level 1 user ie non permitted user. That's why it beeps etc till a level 2 user proves presence, code or fob. Regulation issue 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

You can't make a keypad do that. It's not permitted to show any detail to a level 1 user ie non permitted user. That's why it beeps etc till a level 2 user proves presence, code or fob. Regulation issue 

What you on about man? He asking something else lol

It doesn't even beep when a non-walkthrough zone is opened. It continues to say "system armed". However I do get a beep to notify me of a tamper. I just want to cater for the scenario when I'm in bed and the alarm goes off and I don't hear the external sounder or I'm at the back of the house and can't hear it at the front. I don't want an internal 120 dB type device either. When I add a GSM communicator, it'll send me a text message so I suppose that's a workaround.

2 hours ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

It doesn't even beep when a non-walkthrough zone is opened. It continues to say "system armed". However I do get a beep to notify me of a tamper. I just want to cater for the scenario when I'm in bed and the alarm goes off and I don't hear the external sounder or I'm at the back of the house and can't hear it at the front. I don't want an internal 120 dB type device either. When I add a GSM communicator, it'll send me a text message so I suppose that's a workaround.

You have to have a sounder , doesn't have to be 120db and the keypad won't give you an intruder tone

Personally I would want the internal sounder and bell delay external sounder 

• Upvote 1

Is there a spare core e.g. wire at the keypad? Surely you can use this spare core to have a gentle buzzer connected to one of the spare outputs on the panel set to a Burg signal?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You have to have a sounder , doesn't have to be 120db and the keypad won't give you an intruder tone

Personally I would want the internal sounder and bell delay external sounder 

I didnt bother with an external sounder at all on my house, waste of time 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I didnt bother with an external sounder at all on my house, waste of time 

Maybe where you live 

Here Sounders are good especially with perimeter protection , internal sounder is a must 

So many DIY installs have no sounder internal , total waste of time 

And no coms 

I'll probably go for HKC's wireless internal sounder so it can be located midway in a hall between front and back of the house and be heard everywhere. There's space at the top of the SW 10 70 panel (not sure what that's for) and I could wire in a "sound bomb", but I wouldn't hear it up stairs.

• Upvote 1

Another alternative is cheap low power radio, transmitter/receiver pairs and make up my own contraption (but that would be too much work :D)

• Downvote 1