Security Installer Community

Accenta 7 quick power cut alarm/then no status lights?

On the topic of £10 profit. This is worth a watch, even if your employed or a customer similar things apply.

There are things a lot of people don't consider from the other POV, like how much it costs to send you as an employed engineer to a job in the first place. Or how much time has gone into that job before you rock up in your van.

Similar considerations from a customers POV, if your looking at a system on price alone then consider how much of that price is related to kit quality. Businesses can only survive by making a profit after paying the wages.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

On the topic of £10 profit. This is worth a watch, even if your employed or a customer similar things apply.

There are things a lot of people don't consider from the other POV, like how much it costs to send you as an employed engineer to a job in the first place. Or how much time has gone into that job before you rock up in your van.

Similar considerations from a customers POV, if your looking at a system on price alone then consider how much of that price is related to kit quality. Businesses can only survive by making a profit after paying the wages.

When I first took over WSS I did a calc of all the overheads rent (at the time I didnt own) vans insurance, mobile phones, non-productive staff, fuels, office electricity, all the stuff you need to run alarm co. Wages plus holiday pay, national insurance, and now pensions on top, and at the time it was £34.50 to break even in 2003, did it recently £56.50.  We turnover nearly £million We paid £18k in corporation tax (another add on to the sums above)  you can probably work out the net profit from those figures, not even close to a footballers wage.

• 2 months later...

I had the same situation on my accenta 7 but not after power cut.

The fuse had gone.

4 easy to replace fuses. Three fuses close to each other strobe, sounder and battery fuses. Keypad fuse top left. Used 5amp fuse as V temp fix before getting 1amp one (yes I know why it's important to use correct fuse ...)

To cancel tamper Light Replace front ! Return mains power and enter code on keypad.

2. situation 2 after power cut keypad on accenta 7 , although buttons illuminated , didn't work.

a. turned off mains Power.

b. Open front of Accenta main unit. Opens like a door to left, don't try first to lift off.

c. Carefully remove battery fuse. Replace fuse, alarm warning sounds you can enter code on keypad.  This process simply and easily reset the system for me. 

d. Tamper light  showing on the keypad and buttons won't work 

e. Replace the cover and enter code. 

f. Restore mains power.

Alarm Reset and working .

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The system had locked out for a reason just pulling and replacing a fuse isn't solving the issue, it's just sweeping it under the rug until the next power cut.

QFA If the alarm was in serviceable condition you would not have to do that after every powercut. What if you have a powercut while your on holiday ?