Security Installer Community

Fire alarm spec

Can I ask I've been asked to re site the smoke alarms and call points in a HMO,  there is 3 bedrooms with smoke alarms and a kitchen with 1 heat , is there a certain distance the detector has to be in the room. The call points also have to re fitted , any advice would be appreciated as I am not 100% on the regs.

be cautious as the regs are huge.

But yes a smoke has a radius of 7.5m and heat 5.3m but that has to cover every area. This is for part 1. I dont know the regs at all on part 6 and never work on them

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No I'm just refitting the system , the point I'm asking is I'm not sure of location of the detectors as per regs , just wasn't sure if i went into a room what is the distance from the walls it needed to be as I would just fit the offset from the centre.

3 hours ago, Paul mc said:

Can I ask I've been asked to re site the smoke alarms and call points in a HMO,  there is 3 bedrooms with smoke alarms and a kitchen with 1 heat , is there a certain distance the detector has to be in the room. The call points also have to re fitted , any advice would be appreciated as I am not 100% on the regs.

Most HMO round here done by Javed of all trades , full certification even though not much done to regs lol

• 2 months later...

Id be very careful of doing anything with regards to your own admission of not knowing the standards. 

Stick to what you know and get an expert in. 

Get further training if this is a field you are looking to get into. 

Remember you would be taking on responsibility for the installation. 

Regards TS

• Upvote 1