Security Installer Community

What cctv brand are fellow installers using?

Doesnt make sense, they either trust Hik or they dont, the camera can be just as much a problem as the recorder, in fact more so because there are more of them. I have found Chinese cameras that report to a cloud, even though they were never set up by the installation company to do so (as far as we are aware)http://2827476.seetong.com/ admin/1234

Now I am no expert, but if the cameras automatically talk to the cloud then, in theory, surely the cloud could automatically talk to them. Cameras are made to stream footage so again what's to stop them doing a ddos attack if given the right command from a cloud. 

I am very careful what I install, and how it's installed in government and council buildings.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Doesnt make sense, they either trust Hik or they dont, the camera can be just as much a problem as the recorder, in fact more so because there are more of them. I have found Chinese cameras that report to a cloud, even though they were never set up by the installation company to do so (as far as we are aware)http://2827476.seetong.com/ admin/1234

Now I am no expert, but if the cameras automatically talk to the cloud then, in theory, surely the cloud could automatically talk to them. Cameras are made to stream footage so again what's to stop them doing a ddos attack if given the right command from a cloud. 

I am very careful what I install, and how it's installed in government and council buildings.

What you on about man?

If it's coax or balun based then the hik camera won't be talking to jack let alone jill

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

What you on about man?

If it's coax or balun based then the hik camera won't be talking to jack let alone jill

I only read the first line of his post, but it was a very interesting story 

12 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would say any ethernet device would be how to decide on the products origin.

Why use Hik cameras and trap your self to TVI DVR when you could use a vast choice of other 4 format cameras if using analogue solution.

No need to get trapped , that's what the hybrid DVRs are for

But then you know that