Security Installer Community

A new CCTV Information Website

Doktor Jon

There you go chaps, as promised one brand spanking new hyperlink, in place, tested and working!

Now all I need to do is a web design course, and then I can convince people I know what I'm doing.

By the way, has anyone read the articles? .... ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi secure4,

Thanks for the offer; I'll let you know on that one.

I had always thought that a couple of blondes might one day help with the upkeep of the site, but somehow I don't think Mrs. D.J. would be terribly keen on that! :D

The main problem I have at the moment, isn't so much the maintenance, but the sheer volume of research and material which needs to be dealt with.

Oh well, xmas is coming so you never know what Santa might bring :unsure:

Anyone had a chance to read the articles yet? ..... any thoughts on Data Protection Act & Planning issues?

Guest aeading
Hi there,

If you can hear a strange noise in the background, it's just the sound of my knees knocking - first time posting!

I just happened across this forum (nice place you've got here), and was wondering if I could ask a small favour - steady on, it's not that bad.

A few years ago, I had the daft idea of building a CCTV information website, aimed specifically at the 'Use and application of CCTV'.

Now two years on, all that's left is a gibbering wreck with a 500+ page website, and a shed load of work still needing to be done.

If at all possible, could you have a look at my little project at:-

http://www.doktorjon.co.uk

and perhaps let me know what you think.

hi are you the jon from tavcom?????????

Please be gentle with me, :blink:

cheers for now,

Doktor Jon

31463[/snapback]

• 1 year later...

Very impressive site. Best selection of cctv photos I've seen on the web yet. Well done - keep it up!!

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whipper

I would change the homepage name as welcome1 doesn't seem appropriate when you add it to your favourites :hmm:

Plenty of useful info or your site nice work :yes:

Afternoon chaps,

Many thanks indeed for all your kind comments - it might sound like a bit of a cliche, but they really are very much appreciated :yes:

Apologies I haven't been around much lately, but for some peculier reason, every time I tried to access the forum on my old Mac, the machine would just lock up. Anyway, thanks to the recent arrival of Mac 2, I'm now back in business.

CJT, as jameswilson has correctly stated, domestic installs are exempt from the DPA so that's one less thing for you to worry about. Just make sure that any cameras mounted on your property comply with the "Permitted Development" rules, otherwise any evidential recordings could, in theory, be thrown out of court.

Glad you like the photos Paul - should be another batch going in to the gallery in a couple of weeks time - one day when I eventually get a digital camera, life will be so much easier!!

cymruchris ... oh, so you're the one who's been logging on at half three in the morning, and I thought it was my fan club in New Zealand ;)

Gees, if I ever work out what the heck I'm doing, it may possibly come good one day :unsure:

I'm actually planning a major overhaul of the site whipper, so you may yet have your wish come true. The only problem is with over 1200 pages to update, it may just take me a wee while :whistle:

There's lots of changes and improvements planned over the next few months, so as always, if anyone has any specific requests or suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them ... so keep your comments coming!

Archived