Security Installer Community

Bifold and French Door Protection

Al H

Afternoon experts.

Im interested in your opinion on best protection of both aluminium bifold doors (3 panels) and upvc French patio doors. The rooms they allow egress will both be proteced with Bosch Quad pir’s. The intention being to turn off the pirs when dog left in room but keep perimeter protection.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Al H said:

Afternoon experts.

Im interested in your opinion on best protection of both aluminium bifold doors (3 panels) and upvc French patio doors. The rooms they allow egress will both be proteced with Bosch Quad pir’s. The intention being to turn off the pirs when dog left in room but keep perimeter protection.

Thank you

What panel? 

Doors to be wired or wireless?

16 hours ago, al-yeti said:

More than one?

Hkc- opener as you say and opp end shock only reeds disabled

Thanks :blink:... Was it Basil Fawlty who said “and for the English speaking amongst us..”.  LOL

Meant in best but seriously what does that mean to the other 99.99 percent of us. And can you recommend a product?

Cheers Al

2 hours ago, Al H said:

Thanks :blink:... Was it Basil Fawlty who said “and for the English speaking amongst us..”.  LOL

Meant in best but seriously what does that mean to the other 99.99 percent of us. And can you recommend a product?

Cheers Al

It's funny you say that.... " for those who are used to me in trade lol"

I was Replying to sw , I normally fit a wireless shock with contact on the opener of the bifold and then a wireless shock on the other end of the bifold with contact disabled when using hkc 

What panel are you using ? 

Edited by al-yeti

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I'd go for separate shocks and contacts, I find the combo units are rarely in the right place for either detection type.

Which combo units you talking about dude? Hkc do well with there's but definitely need more than one 

That's if customer wants to pay in the first place ........

On 30/04/2019 at 19:15, al-yeti said:

It's funny you say that.... " for those who are used to me in trade lol"

I was Replying to sw , I normally fit a wireless shock with contact on the opener of the bifold and then a wireless shock on the other end of the bifold with contact disabled when using hkc 

What panel are you using ? 

Hey Al-Yeti. Using Texecom premier Elite 24

Just generally,. You want shocks more central, where contacts are more suited to the edges of the frames.

Not saying there aren't places you can fit them just IMO separate units provide redundancy, make replacements easier and can be positioned more ideally for most scenarios.

As for sound bombs I never have fitted or would never recommend them, horrible things. I said in your other post that I recommended replacing the supplied speaker for something like a CQR Alto.