Security Installer Community

Enabling PROX keyfob on Premier 412/816 running V6 software

This is a follow on question from http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/41730-replacing-texecom-key-pad/ which contains some pictures of my current alarm system.

Thanks for the advice on fitting the replacement key pad which is working fine. The new key pad had a wireless PROX keyfob symbol and I thought these would be better than typing in the code so I bought some Texecom Elite Keyfobs of ebay. However when I tried to program one I discovered that the menu option is missing so I presume this functionality is in the box rather than the key panel.

What is my best option for getting the key fob functionality working? Can I upgrade the firmware in the main box to make it compatible or is to too old and I need to purchase a new master box?

If it’s a case of new firmware where can I get a copy from and are there any instructions for installing it? Will the current settings remain after the upgrade or will I need to reprogram the system?

If I need to buy a new box which one is going to be the best match for my current box?

As far as I can tell the box is a Premier 412/816 running the V6 software based on the fact the manual is INS159-5 and it came with an additional loose sheet for the version 6 software.

I don't use the gear but iirc that panel is a really basic premier. As the keypad that's been added is a prox one I think you will need to upgrade the panel which isn't a bad idea anyway

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It's like an "international" version of a Premier, not so popular over here but still produced AFAIK.

No prox tags on any version, I imagine unlikely to be able to upgrade it to the latest version with such old hardware either.

Most are easily replaced with a PE48 as only go upto 832. Check for a plug on expander and remote expander versions for compatibility tho.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's like an "international" version of a Premier, not so popular over here but still produced AFAIK.

No prox tags on any version, I imagine unlikely to be able to upgrade it to the latest version with such old hardware either.

Most are easily replaced with a PE48 as only go upto 832. Check for a plug on expander and remote expander versions for compatibility tho.

Thanks. It looks like a Premier Elite 24 will also work with keyfobs or does it need to be the Premier Elite 48? I'm only using 2 door open/close sensors and 3 PIR sensors off the main panel so no expanders to worry about.