Security Installer Community

bs7671

what is everyone using for fastening cables up with to meet with the new 18th edition changes? I've just quoted a job that has to be mostly surface trunked, so steel cable ties are out. I have just found some clips that go in the trunking, D line clips they're called. Has anyone used these before, and how much of a faff are they?

15 minutes ago, Nathand said:

what is everyone using for fastening cables up with to meet with the new 18th edition changes? I've just quoted a job that has to be mostly surface trunked, so steel cable ties are out. I have just found some clips that go in the trunking, D line clips they're called. Has anyone used these before, and how much of a faff are they?

No know jack about them , everyone here has used them plenty 

But fastening cables depends on where and how , I still see steel cables above voids , metal trunking in communial walk ways or plastic with d clips or other fixings 

I like the idea of the nailer, think that's going to have to be a definite investment.  I take it it can be used to fire nails in for the D clips as well, the pirelli's look good for fire cable, I'm thinking more along the lines of fixing alarm/Beldon/data cable.

Yes but becareful of the predrilled hole size of the dclip. Also can use plclips without predrilled holes when hidden. I was also meaning for other cable types

Most of the clips are plastic however

I think the 800 replaced the above 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 4 months later...
On 18/04/2019 at 10:09, james.wilson said:

Yes but becareful of the predrilled hole size of the dclip. Also can use plclips without predrilled holes when hidden. I was also meaning for other cable types

Most of the clips are plastic however

I think the 800 replaced the above 

I purchased the 700e a few years back for a job, unfortunately never got round to using it. Pulled it out to use on a job and the batteries have leaked that's just my luck. I know that you can purchase replacement ones from flee bay has anyone ever brought any of these?

Regards TS

9 hours ago, timeserved said:

I purchased the 700e a few years back for a job, unfortunately never got round to using it. Pulled it out to use on a job and the batteries have leaked that's just my luck. I know that you can purchase replacement ones from flee bay has anyone ever brought any of these?

Regards TS

Are you being serious , you let the batteries leak inside it?

I assume it's cheap rubbish anyway so doesn't matter???

1 hour ago, timeserved said:

No, the batteries were in the case, this is why I was surprised!

Sorry should have been more clear. 

Regards TS

Doh , Chinese batteries leaked all over the gaff?

I know even some of the branded ones do but not that severely