Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 problem

Hi 

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a problem I have just encountered.

3 years ago I did a DIY installation of a 9571 with wireless expander and 1 remote keypad with tag reader.

Everything was fine until a week ago, when the keypad stopped responding to key presses ( I still got a confirmation beep with each press)

The screen alternates between.

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

and the date and time

01/01/2005            00.00

the time clock would begin counting, but it rarely got to 10 seconds before it again showed

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

these 2 screens alternated constantly for 2 days, before permanently showing

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

I foolishly thought it might be the keypad and I bought a replacement but whatever the problem is it isn’t the keypad as the new keypad display 

shows the same message.

does anybody have any ideas ?

52 minutes ago, Galwayboy said:

Hi 

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a problem I have just encountered.

3 years ago I did a DIY installation of a 9571 with wireless expander and 1 remote keypad with tag reader.

Everything was fine until a week ago, when the keypad stopped responding to key presses ( I still got a confirmation beep with each press)

The screen alternates between.

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

and the date and time

01/01/2005            00.00

the time clock would begin counting, but it rarely got to 10 seconds before it again showed

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

these 2 screens alternated constantly for 2 days, before permanently showing

9571    V5.00

Checking  Bus

I foolishly thought it might be the keypad and I bought a replacement but whatever the problem is it isn’t the keypad as the new keypad display 

shows the same message.

does anybody have any ideas ?

Cable fault ? Or panel fault , have you tried disconnecting both keypads put the new keypad on the panel on short cable to see if it works ?

Thanks, I haven’t tried that, but I will.

That is why I decided to enlist some superior diagnostic brains !

There are a couple of other clues to this puzzle

removing the keypad & main box cover did not trigger a tamper alarm.

I did trigger an alarm by disconnecting the backup battery.

• 1 month later...

Thanks but I got it sorted. All voltages were good, so took a gamble on it being a PCB problem.

I got a 2nd hand PCB & case and luckily I was right.

Just 1 little question -  my proximity tags no longer work. Does the main alarm have to be specific to the proximity tag feature ?

It may just be that the alarm was for sale because that feature stopped working !

6 hours ago, Galwayboy said:

Thanks but I got it sorted. All voltages were good, so took a gamble on it being a PCB problem.

Just 1 little question -  my proximity tags no longer work. Does the main alarm have to be specific to the proximity tag feature ?

It may just be that the alarm was for sale because that feature stopped working !

You need to programme them 

The system will not let me program the tags.

I follow the instructions, the last thing is to present the tag to the keypad, l get a double peep but the tag isn’t programmed.

I’ve even bought new tags and tried the original keypad, which turned out to be OK but to no avail 

7 hours ago, Galwayboy said:

The system will not let me program the tags.

I follow the instructions, the last thing is to present the tag to the keypad, l get a double peep but the tag isn’t programmed.

I’ve even bought new tags and tried the original keypad, which turned out to be OK but to no avail 

So the option appears in the menu?

19 hours ago, Galwayboy said:

How much you pay for the second hand pxb and from where?

• 4 weeks later...

I found it on eBay.   It was £60.

I was getting a bit desperate cos couldn’t get a new board anywhere, even the manufacturer wouldn’t sell the PCB only.

I could only get it new as a kit with outer case, and a keypad. Wasn’t going to pay that cos I’d already bought a new keypad thinking that was the problem.

I suppose I was taking a bit of a gamble that it was fully functional, but there are some honourable people out there.

1 hour ago, Galwayboy said:

I found it on eBay.   It was £60.

I was getting a bit desperate cos couldn’t get a new board anywhere, even the manufacturer wouldn’t sell the PCB only.

I could only get it new as a kit with outer case, and a keypad. Wasn’t going to pay that cos I’d already bought a new keypad thinking that was the problem.

I suppose I was taking a bit of a gamble that it was fully functional, but there are some honourable people out there.

£60 can get new panel and keypad