Security Installer Community

Start An Alarm Manufacturer

Gabs

Yes, I understand this, maybe discreet parts are better. As engineers, have your companies ever thought of making your own bell boxes, or even just the covers? My idea would be to design an ultra low-profile cover , get it made, screen printed and then fit it over a CQR MultiBox? In the image shown, it is a normal CQR MultiBox, with my custom injection moulded cover fitted on top

GabsBox.png

33 minutes ago, Gabs said:

As engineers, have your companies ever thought of making your own bell boxes, or even just the covers?

I suspect the cost of you producing a custom lid will probably have premium over CQR producing a custom lid.

However the concept of the multi box is a good idea but I don't see that many, the largest user & only one I can think that has a custom lid is secom ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yes, but it does give a look of individuality, having something that no one else does, look at ADT, there is like a black market for them on eBay, people want them. CQR already have the tooling, so they indeed could probably make and screen print lids, I wonder if they do all of the mouldings in house, or the Far East? 

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

I suspect the cost of you producing a custom lid will probably have premium over CQR producing a custom lid.

However the concept of the multi box is a good idea but I don't see that many, the largest user & only one I can think that has a custom lid is secom ?

I was just think secom with the flashing beacon underneath lol

49 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

No one really cares about a custom bell and the client certainly doesnt

@Gabs when you down the shops next time, have a look who's sounder is on the building & who's sticker is on / above the keypad,

There's a few retailers which have blank or their own name on the sounder, the current service provider being the lowest bidder...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

17 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

@Gabs when you down the shops next time, have a look who's sounder is on the building & who's sticker is on / above the keypad,

There's a few retailers which have blank or their own name on the sounder, the current service provider being the lowest bidder...

Was at Greggs this morning, they have their own name on the sounder,