Security Installer Community

Firmware : Honeywell Galaxy G2-44 C044

Hi.

I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2-44 installation where the PCB has gone faulty. The supply rail voltage is reduced to 10.2 volts and the RS485 Bus is malfunctioning.

I have located a replacement PCB but am slightly hesitant to the fact that the replacement firmware is older

The firmware installed in my faulty PCB is F118 01 156 and the replacement is F118 01 144, suggesting a few versions previous.

Any comments on this would be welcome.

Also wondering about the RS485 Bus connection method deployed. There is a teeing at the control panel with one cable going direct to the MK7 Keypad and the other cable going to the first RF Portal, which is then daisy chained to the 2nd RF Portal. There are no 680 ohm resistors fitted at any peripheral and the link is in position on the PCB. I don't propose to change the cabling but am considering fitting a 680 ohm resistor at the key pand and the distant RF Portal and removing the link. 

Again I would appreciate any helpful comments.

Thanks for the replies James Wilson and al-yeti.

I will fit a 680 ohm resistor at each end of the AB Data Bus and remove the link in the panel.

The replacement PCB is coming from an ebay transaction. I know that is a risky source but the guy seemed to know his stuff and the board was £25 so worth trying. He was using the board for training purposes and has reset to factory default. Just not sure about running on an earlier firmware version. I suspect that flashing new firmware, should I obtain the file, is quite tricky.

Main objective is to clear the power fault and RS485 issue where the keypad is flashing with row of stars in display. Notwithstanding the power rail fault the flashing stars display is down to poor Data Bus comms or the peripherals not being registered in the system. The spare PCB is as much a diagnostic tool as it is a replacement. If all fails then I will need to stump up for a new board such as the Flex 50 as al-yeti kindly suggests.

Can I keep the two existing RF portals and single keypad with a Flex 50 ?

9 hours ago, copernicus200 said:

Thanks for the replies James Wilson and al-yeti.

I will fit a 680 ohm resistor at each end of the AB Data Bus and remove the link in the panel.

The replacement PCB is coming from an ebay transaction. I know that is a risky source but the guy seemed to know his stuff and the board was £25 so worth trying. He was using the board for training purposes and has reset to factory default. Just not sure about running on an earlier firmware version. I suspect that flashing new firmware, should I obtain the file, is quite tricky.

Main objective is to clear the power fault and RS485 issue where the keypad is flashing with row of stars in display. Notwithstanding the power rail fault the flashing stars display is down to poor Data Bus comms or the peripherals not being registered in the system. The spare PCB is as much a diagnostic tool as it is a replacement. If all fails then I will need to stump up for a new board such as the Flex 50 as al-yeti kindly suggests.

Can I keep the two existing RF portals and single keypad with a Flex 50 ?

Yes existing devices should work 

Old firmware won't matter on a DIY install you can find that some versions of other hardware might be compatible 

But then again check the board thorough he has to take it back within 14days if anything wrong with it