Security Installer Community

Tony

Tony51

Have a TS700 fitted in 1994 and still going strong...except for very intermittent "Lt" alarms which set off the mini alarm box inside the house but don't set off the main outside bell box...! It'll sound continuously until cancelled : not good if I happen to be away...! There's a main bell box and 2 x dummy boxes containing just an LED and a limit switch, but the switches are firmly closed (oh, and a few spiders...!) Any ideas how I can eliminate these intermittent alarms...? All I have internally are a TS700 keypad (the keys of which I have to clean periodically with isopropyl alcohol ) and the main PCB box, numerous PIRs and a couple of "door open" detectors... Everything works...! Is it possible to isolate the "tamper" side of things via the PCB box (hardware), or is there a "software" way of doing it...? Thanks

your 25yr alarm is working great apart from it false alarming....

lid tamper is either-

"lid of the control equipment"

adjust switch,

adjust lid

switch / or pcb failing

A failed or old battery

"External sounders tamper"

Switch (adjust)

lid (adjust)

the bell module / pcb (replace whole sounder)

the cable between the sounder(s) & the controls

Personally I'd rip the both the controls & bell out as their old tat

Mr? Veritas God

Internal sounder tamper is the most likely.

System needs a full service, replace any batteries possibly the external sounder, check all the voltages etc

If it's never been looked at since installation then the battery charging circuit could have failed causing intermittent randomness.

Alarms are generally only reliable if you install them well and service them regularly.

Thanks for all your inputs guys...! The system is regularly serviced (last visit was Oct 2018) and the main battery was replaced in Oct2016... It's the intermittent nature of the alarm that's so frustrating... The only "tamper" devices that haven't been looked at are the small internal sounder box near the keypad (which is the only one that goes off when the "Lt" alarm comes up) and the outside siren box... Don't know if the internal sounder would have a tamper switch, I know it's powered from the main PCB...

Any ideas as to why just this box alarms and not the external siren...?

1 hour ago, Tony51 said:

Thanks for all your inputs guys...! The system is regularly serviced (last visit was Oct 2018) and the main battery was replaced in Oct2016... It's the intermittent nature of the alarm that's so frustrating... The only "tamper" devices that haven't been looked at are the small internal sounder box near the keypad (which is the only one that goes off when the "Lt" alarm comes up) and the outside siren box... Don't know if the internal sounder would have a tamper switch, I know it's powered from the main PCB...

Any ideas as to why just this box alarms and not the external siren...?

Either way you have some sort of.lid tamper fault 

You need skip this alarm anyway 

8 hours ago, Tony51 said:

Don't know if the internal sounder would have a tamper

Everything should have a anti tamper circuit. Burglar alarms are designed so that they cannot be circumvented when they are disarmed. There is a clue in the name anti tamper, if there was no tamper on the internal sounder a visitor could open it up and disconnect it while you are preoccupied making them a nice cup of tea. The reason we ask about the battery, is because battery failure will cause plenty of false alarms, including intermittent tamper.