Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 with Touchcenter Keypad

Hi All

I have a query about the extent of compatibility of the Touchcenter keypad when connected to a Galaxy G2-20 panel.

I purchased the Touchcenter with some ignorance not aware that I would not be able to unlock all the slick features as it really is a Galaxy Dimension component.

It seems that the only function available to me on the Touchcenter is the emulated MK7 keypad (which works fine).

What is a little irritating is the incorrect date and time displayed on the home screen (shown before I press the MK7 keypad icon). Of course, the emulated display shows the correct date and time.

Has anybody worked out a way to set the correct date and time on the home screen when using a Galaxy G2 or enabled any other features.

I suspect the answer is no!

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

Hi All

I have a query about the extent of compatibility of the Touchcenter keypad when connected to a Galaxy G2-20 panel.

I purchased the Touchcenter with some ignorance not aware that I would not be able to unlock all the slick features as it really is a Galaxy Dimension component.

It seems that the only function available to me on the Touchcenter is the emulated MK7 keypad (which works fine).

What is a little irritating is the incorrect date and time displayed on the home screen (shown before I press the MK7 keypad icon). Of course, the emulated display shows the correct date and time.

Has anybody worked out a way to set the correct date and time on the home screen when using a Galaxy G2 or enabled any other features.

I suspect the answer is no!

Thank you.

Doesn't it allow you i to the touch centre setup?

Hi Al-Yeti,

The Touchcenter wants an access code to enter setup. The factory default codes or subsequently changed system engineer and user-master codes do not work for this access code.

Think I'm stuck with the wrong time and date.

Thanks.

Functionality on the G2 is limited to the emulated keypad only.  Only flex and dimension will communicate with the other features.  You can always use a metal cased flex, which is the same size as the G2.

Great suggestion

It seems the Flex 20 with small metal box [ product C005-S-E1 ] is what I need to get and the conversion cost seems pretty low.

The only question remaining - is it worth moving from a well regarded solid G2-20 to a Flex-20 (on the basis that I am happy with the cost to replace the panel and the small investment in time)? How do installers regard the Flex range?

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

Great suggestion

It seems the Flex 20 with small metal box [ product C005-S-E1 ] is what I need to get and the conversion cost seems pretty low.

The only question remaining - is it worth moving from a well regarded solid G2-20 to a Flex-20 (on the basis that I am happy with the cost to replace the panel and the small investment in time)? How do installers regard the Flex range?

Thanks

Better to move away from honeywell , for DIY texecom and pyronix both sell all there higher end equipment to public at the moment so better of with that perhaps