Security Installer Community

New member saying hi

Leemh99

I'm not a full member so not sure if I could? 

I've used menu 68, sub menu something and turned user access rights off for engineer access thinking this would stop me having to use the master code to allow engineer access. The outcome is I've completely locked myself out of getting out of engineer mode as none of the user code can allow the access now. Been told the only way around this is to default the panel. This is on a huge system with very little paper work, surely the is a back way into engineer mode? 

Edited by Leemh99

1 hour ago, Leemh99 said:

I'm not a full member so not sure if I could? 

I've used menu 68, sub menu something and turned user access rights off for engineer access thinking this would stop me having to use the master code to allow engineer access. The outcome is I've completely locked myself out of getting out of engineer mode as none of the user code can allow the access now. Been told the only way around this is to default the panel. This is on a huge system with very little paper work, surely the is a back way into engineer mode? 

Master manager code? You have it? Engineer code should still allow you into engineer menus , and manager menu should let enable it , i think

Use RSS to copy all the data you need , then default it if you have to and upload back only what you need to

I think

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Master manager code? You have it? Engineer code should still allow you into engineer menus , and manager menu should let enable it , i think

Use RSS to copy all the data you need , then default it if you have to and upload back only what you need to

I think

Yes the master manager code, I have it. The issue is I've removed the right to allow engineer access using all levels including 6.

This has made it impossible to allow engineer access using any user codes thus not allowing me back in to engineer mode to change it back.. Stupid of me I know but seems rediclus to be even a option and then even worse not to be able to un-do it. 

I don't have the RSS software or leads to get a download. This is one of our very few galaxy alarms so have never needed it. I'm back in the morning to try and rectify it so not sure if I can get it over the weekend anywhere? 

At the moment I have a huge system just waiting to go in to fault with no way to programme or reset it. Nightmare 

4 hours ago, Leemh99 said:

Yes the master manager code, I have it. The issue is I've removed the right to allow engineer access using all levels including 6.

This has made it impossible to allow engineer access using any user codes thus not allowing me back in to engineer mode to change it back.. Stupid of me I know but seems rediclus to be even a option and then even worse not to be able to un-do it. 

I don't have the RSS software or leads to get a download. This is one of our very few galaxy alarms so have never needed it. I'm back in the morning to try and rectify it so not sure if I can get it over the weekend anywhere? 

At the moment I have a huge system just waiting to go in to fault with no way to programme or reset it. Nightmare 

So what happens when you enter the engineer code then?

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So what happens when you enter the engineer code then

I just get the lovely welcoming message ' insufficient access rights' 

I spoken to tech support and they say It needs a default. They were vague as whether or not a download using the rss software could be changed and uploaded to rectify the issue.

I just can't believe that changing one option on such a big system can lock you out and the only way around it is to do a default.

57 minutes ago, grantc said:

Can't you view zone types/descriptions in menu 21 take note then bite the bullet and default?

Be serious man

6 hours ago, Leemh99 said:

I just get the lovely welcoming message ' insufficient access rights' 

I spoken to tech support and they say It needs a default. They were vague as whether or not a download using the rss software could be changed and uploaded to rectify the issue.

I just can't believe that changing one option on such a big system can lock you out and the only way around it is to do a default.

Galaxy guy would know how to deal with this 

Where r u man? 

He's probably dealing with an iron brew shipment , hopefully be along soon

2 hours ago, grantc said:

Can't you view zone types/descriptions in menu 21 take note then bite the bullet and default?

Its not just the zones, there's outputs hanging of it all over the place. AV, speakers, some sort of pager system, detector leds, the list goes on.. Defaulting is going to be a nightmare. 

8 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

id the manager code won't enable engineer access and you don't have rss access id say it needs a default

Crazy! You live and learn I guess. 

At least I've got my five posts (-:

21 hours ago, Leemh99 said:

Its not just the zones, there's outputs hanging of it all over the place. AV, speakers, some sort of pager system, detector leds, the list goes on.. Defaulting is going to be a nightmare. 

Fair enough, sounds like a nightmare....

Did it happen last thing on a Friday by any chance? :-)

Sorry, super busy lately.

Op, do you have any old serial rs232 lead?  You can reset with RSS, but you need to be able to connect somehow.

Alternatively, and for cases where RSS is locked out, I also have a special Ethernet module, which allows browser based access to log in as remote like with the special engineers keypad.

I suppose it depends if you can wait a couple of days to fix it.  Any Ethernet, or pstn dial in enabled on the system?

I'm back Monday now but have

6 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Sorry, super busy lately.

Op, do you have any old serial rs232 lead?  You can reset with RSS, but you need to be able to connect somehow.

Alternatively, and for cases where RSS is locked out, I also have a special Ethernet module, which allows browser based access to log in as remote like with the special engineers keypad.

I suppose it depends if you can wait a couple of days to fix it.  Any Ethernet, or pstn dial in enabled on the system?

Hi Galaxy Guy, 

I've managed to get hold of a RS232 lead but do not have the software. Is it easy to get hold of if I get my office on the case 1st thing. I've put them off until the morning so unless an alternative comes up I'll have to go in early doors and bite the bullet and default. 

Not sure if it's RSS locked or ptsn or ethernet it's enabled. It's signals via dualcom but has AV devices all over the place that are no longer in use. 

1 minute ago, Leemh99 said:

I'm back Monday now but have

Hi Galaxy Guy, 

I've managed to get hold of a RS232 lead but do not have the software. Is it easy to get hold of if I get my office on the case 1st thing. I've put them off until the morning so unless an alternative comes up I'll have to go in early doors and bite the bullet and default. 

Not sure if it's RSS locked or ptsn or ethernet it's enabled. It's signals via dualcom but has AV devices all over the place that are no longer in use. 

Also do you need access or is system currently working? 

If working not sure you want to do it at the moment 

What do. you mean access? The system is currently fully working but any issues then we are screwed basically. 

The plan was to get in early in the morning and default before visitors start arriving. This is a massive national trust Abbey. We ran the risk of leaving over the weekend and had no issues as of yet. 

5 hours ago, Leemh99 said:

What do. you mean access? The system is currently fully working but any issues then we are screwed basically. 

The plan was to get in early in the morning and default before visitors start arriving. This is a massive national trust Abbey. We ran the risk of leaving over the weekend and had no issues as of yet. 

Sorry I meant if you don't need access now leave it alone , that way no need to look like a Muppet and sweat if you mess it up

When something goes wrong then your ready for it 

But I would do it on the bench with another panel or are you less than me only one dimension on the books ?

I only have one 520 lol

Surley you have a panel you can try it on ?

46 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Sorry I meant if you don't need access now leave it alone , that way no need to look like a Muppet and sweat if you mess it up

When something goes wrong then your ready for it 

But I would do it on the bench with another panel or are you less than me only one dimension on the books ?

I only have one 520 lol

Surley you have a panel you can try it on ?

Yeah this is our one and only 520.. Bench test is out of question and have no spare to test on.

We have a keypad out of the way I can work from.

I use to work for ADT about 10 years ago so I'm pretty familiar with Galaxy's but have never come up against anything like this! 

43 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

long shot, but before defaulting

try powering down whilst in day mode,

if your eng code will silence the panel when restarted it may let you into eng mode

Its looking likely default is the only way so will give this ago 1st. If it works I'll let you know :-) 

3 hours ago, Leemh99 said:

I use to work for ADT about 10 years ago so I'm pretty familiar with Galaxy's

Its looking likely default is the only way so will give this ago 1st. If it works I'll let you know :-) 

If you say so dude , i not that experienced in galaxy , but even I can connect rs with a lead before defaulting 

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

If you say so dude , i not that experienced in galaxy , but even I can connect rs with a lead before defaulting 

You might be able to connect the lead but not download if the UDL code has been changed ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

31 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

You might be able to connect the lead but not download if the UDL code has been changed ?

Vary rare it's changed though 

Point being try before you default , I think op is a diyers tho or trying to access his own system after messing it up

9 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Vary rare it's changed though 

Point being try before you default , I think op is a diyers tho or trying to access his own system after messing it up

Oh the G3 its automatically changed when you set up a new site and dial in.

But it may never of been connected, and programmed by hand so there is a chance

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

5 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Oh the G3 its automatically changed when you set up a new site and dial in.

But it may never of been connected, and programmed by hand so there is a chance

Good point dude , I wonder if it's g3 lol