Security Installer Community

Ring Video Door Bell or Hikvison Video Door bell

CARETAKER46

Hi Alyeti,

got it going , the problem was needed to add the password and now it working. It had the ssid , I thought already had the password typed in, but when I typed the password it worked.But like you said as it is WiFi so this may be doing this now again, sounds like my Wife lol.

I bought it from Ebay. I asked the guy who I bought it off and he said he had no issues and it was working fine and the Hikvision said it is common problem and told me to update the firmware or send it back, but I bought it from ebay, so I have to keep it now and get it working. My firmware is V1.4.62build 180515..

DSP version V1.0, build 180115.

Hikvison sent Doorbell firmware for KB6003 V2.1.0_181224 ,  which I don’t know how to upgrade onto the SADP .

Is the cat5e Cable ok for the job I need to for my cctv project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have purchased this cable SFX CAT5e UTP Cctv External PE Outdoor Black cable Solid copper.

another issue I have since the new transformer been changed from 8V 1Amp to 24v transformer from Screwfix and it worked really well  from Sunday to Wednesday night and then it just gone offline and I have got WiFi booster near the video door bell and still showing offline.

i reset the device , by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds and i had no luck, just don’t seem to able to connect to WiFi, I don’t know if it the virgin Media Hub 3.0. May be some restrictions. I even disconnected Ding Dong Chime wiring and still the same can not connect to WiFi on the door bell. 

Do do you have any ideas what could it be.

https://www.securiflex.co.uk/sfx-cat5e-utp-47-p.asp

15B655FD-93ED-4245-A3E2-052E4E9F83F0.jpeg

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi All,

I have purchased this cable SFX CAT5e UTP Cctv External PE Outdoor Black cable Solid copper.

another issue I have since the new transformer been changed from 8V 1Amp to 24v transformer from Screwfix and it worked really well  from Sunday to Wednesday night and then it just gone offline and I have got WiFi booster near the video door bell and still showing offline.

i reset the device , by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds and i had no luck, just don’t seem to able to connect to WiFi, I don’t know if it the virgin Media Hub 3.0. May be some restrictions. I even disconnected Ding Dong Chime wiring and still the same can not connect to WiFi on the door bell. 

Do do you have any ideas what could it be.

https://www.securiflex.co.uk/sfx-cat5e-utp-47-p.asp

15B655FD-93ED-4245-A3E2-052E4E9F83F0.jpeg

How come rubbish pics?

I purchase the Nvr and the camera from ebay, so I was just checking it out and updating the firmware.

i also tested out by connecting the video door bell and it works , but I think it will only record , if there is motion detection, not continuous recording.

i will be fitting the camera , but I will need to buy the junction box to fit the spare cable inside the junction box. I also need to buy the Rj45 connector and the crimp tool .

update on the video door bell , what you guys said it is not the same as the where they show on advert, but you need a good WiFi and sometimes it can take time to connect . Recently I have been having problem the video door bell keeps going offline now again and when it goes  offline, you still get motion detection, but it does not catch all motion detection when it offline. I then have to reboot to factory setting to catch the WiFi and see the live viewing.

22 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How come rubbish pics?

Camera still have the cling sticker , as I did not take these off, as I was testing it to make sure everything is working and the video door bell night vision is not that good and it can vary, as sometimes depending on the light from the street and cars passing by reflection light. Door bell is fitted to the door frame and fitted close  to the stone work and ir reflection may be keep reflecting from the stone work. I wanted to put it there to avoid getting the ring soak wet in rainy days and keep it discreet from the public.

Why not just have a proper camera and a door bell, use an alarm input if you like. I'm amased that anyone needs this doorbell crap much less wants one. Put a camera at the proper height and don't fall for the marketing

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Camera still have the cling sticker , as I did not take these off, as I was testing it to make sure everything is working and the video door bell night vision is not that good and it can vary, as sometimes depending on the light from the street and cars passing by reflection light. Door bell is fitted to the door frame and fitted close  to the stone work and ir reflection may be keep reflecting from the stone work. I wanted to put it there to avoid getting the ring soak wet in rainy days and keep it discreet from the public.

Other than that nothing has changed , the WiFi drops out on these door bells simple and have a delay

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last issue with the video Doorbell going offline, i then rebooted by pressing the reset button and since the last issue I think since 3rd April I had issue and then reset it on 05th April it has worked fine and not gone offline since. It may be I think now it recognises the WiFi, like have a dog and try it to get use to new home lol.

I have purchased 3 more cameras and I already have the 2 cameras ,so total 5 cameras and I need to buy 2 more cameras,

i have put my 4 Channel recorder for sale, as Alyeti said buy the 8 channel, so I can have the 7 camera and the video door bell connected.

i am having 3 cameras at the front to monitor my house and my next door neighbour, which is my mum house. 2 camera one in my back yard and my mums back yard and 2 more camera outside in the alleyway.

I have started to do the first fixing cable using the outdoor cat5e UTP cable given by the cctv guy and i purchased from online. Once I done all the cabling and fixing the camera, he will come and do the final fixing and test it for me, as he said it will not take more than hour, as long All the cable is pulled and fixed,as he only need to connect rj45 connectors to the cat5e cable.

how do you do Alarm Input on the camera or is this motion detection again . What height camera do I need to have for the front door I can keep it about 2metres and the other camera I can keep it about 3 metres.

i can send you pictures email if you can advice.

thanks again for all your replies and feedback.

41 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Since the last issue with the video Doorbell going offline, i then rebooted by pressing the reset button and since the last issue I think since 3rd April I had issue and then reset it on 05th April it has worked fine and not gone offline since. It may be I think now it recognises the WiFi, like have a dog and try it to get use to new home lol.

I have purchased 3 more cameras and I already have the 2 cameras ,so total 5 cameras and I need to buy 2 more cameras,

i have put my 4 Channel recorder for sale, as Alyeti said buy the 8 channel, so I can have the 7 camera and the video door bell connected.

i am having 3 cameras at the front to monitor my house and my next door neighbour, which is my mum house. 2 camera one in my back yard and my mums back yard and 2 more camera outside in the alleyway.

I have started to do the first fixing cable using the outdoor cat5e UTP cable given by the cctv guy and i purchased from online. Once I done all the cabling and fixing the camera, he will come and do the final fixing and test it for me, as he said it will not take more than hour, as long All the cable is pulled and fixed,as he only need to connect rj45 connectors to the cat5e cable.

how do you do Alarm Input on the camera or is this motion detection again . What height camera do I need to have for the front door I can keep it about 2metres and the other camera I can keep it about 3 metres.

i can send you pictures email if you can advice.

thanks again for all your replies and feedback.

As the gorillas here mention , high cameras for overview but only see tops of heads 

You need some cameras lower to capture the face and better detail 

Don't worry about vandalism , if someone breaks it just buy a new one lol 

Houses rarely have there cameras broken by thieves I would say neighbours break them more often lol

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

would this work for my Hikvision Nvr to my tv to see the cctv.

My NVR is in the front room and my tv is in other room and the cat5e cable length is 20-25mtr.

I purchased the cat5e hdmi converter and it did not work, as it was without 12volt , it was from ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-Over-RJ45-CAT6-CAT5e-Cable-LAN-Ethernet-Extender-Repeater-3D-up-to-30M/183418433543?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D4ca1a9c7560044d2bf53e32c58332fdb%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D123086455878%26itm%3D183418433543&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A8a56a63a-91ea-11e9-8e63-74dbd180ed12|parentrq%3A6b88293616b0abc5a120a95cffc922e6|iid%3A1

I also need to connect to my other tv in my next door house , so my mum can see the cctv on her tv. This is about 30-35mtr.

So the question is would this work on both Tv.

I have cat5e cable all pulled from Nvr to the both tv, as I just need cat5e to hdmi convertor  to connect to both TVs, by using the cat5e cable for signal and then 1 Transmitter on the Nvr and the receiver I don’t know how many reciever I need, as one tv is in my next room and the other tv is in my mum house which is next door or you can just think it is in another room.

The reason I am asking you these questions, so I don’t want to end buying the wrong item.

Many thanks if you can help and advice buying the correct product/item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123086455878?ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F0%252F0%252F0%253Fmpre%253Dhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252Fulk%25252Fitm%25252F123086455878%2526rvr_id%253D0%2526rvr_ts%253D69bd86ef16b0aa67b6d08df5fff0e4df&ul_noapp=true

why not use a hdmi to dvb modulator. A decent hdmi extender will work but im struggling to find a v2.1 on at 15m for my own house or even a 2.1 cable

I have heard of some success using fire sticks and the recorder android apps but never tried it. I use mythtv and zm fed from a sw ahd dvr over rtsp

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi James,

This I have never heard of hdmi to dvb modulator, so I will have to google search and find out how it works and what cables i need to have, as I have already pull the cat5e , so I will just have to see what I can do with this at the moment.

I will have to find out about the fire sticks and the recorder android apps, as my Tv is about 5 years old and it may not have some of the apps, as my Samsung tv had youtube and now it has been removed and was told I need to buy another TV , as this is getting out of date, typical and making spend more to buy another Tv.

20 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Guys,

would this work for my Hikvision Nvr to my tv to see the cctv.

My NVR is in the front room and my tv is in other room and the cat5e cable length is 20-25mtr.

I purchased the cat5e hdmi converter and it did not work, as it was without 12volt , it was from ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-Over-RJ45-CAT6-CAT5e-Cable-LAN-Ethernet-Extender-Repeater-3D-up-to-30M/183418433543?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D4ca1a9c7560044d2bf53e32c58332fdb%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D123086455878%26itm%3D183418433543&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A8a56a63a-91ea-11e9-8e63-74dbd180ed12|parentrq%3A6b88293616b0abc5a120a95cffc922e6|iid%3A1

I also need to connect to my other tv in my next door house , so my mum can see the cctv on her tv. This is about 30-35mtr.

So the question is would this work on both Tv.

I have cat5e cable all pulled from Nvr to the both tv, as I just need cat5e to hdmi convertor  to connect to both TVs, by using the cat5e cable for signal and then 1 Transmitter on the Nvr and the receiver I don’t know how many reciever I need, as one tv is in my next room and the other tv is in my mum house which is next door or you can just think it is in another room.

The reason I am asking you these questions, so I don’t want to end buying the wrong item.

Many thanks if you can help and advice buying the correct product/item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123086455878?ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F0%252F0%252F0%253Fmpre%253Dhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252Fulk%25252Fitm%25252F123086455878%2526rvr_id%253D0%2526rvr_ts%253D69bd86ef16b0aa67b6d08df5fff0e4df&ul_noapp=true

This can work 

Hi Alyeti,

I just noticed , as  I have pulled the cat5e from the Recorder to 1st tv and another Cat5e and from the recorder to another TV and I will need to buy 1 transmitter and 2 receiver, as the tv is in different Rooms. 

Plus the Cat5e will get the signal to RX receiver from TX transmitter.

My Recorder is in the front room, My 1st TV is another Room back of the house and 2nd Tv in another room, So how do I go about having the TX and RX, as I will need to 2RX one on each tv due TV's is both different room and the recorder is another room, so 3 different locations.

I got the image from the ebay, this how they have set up, but my Hikvison Nvr Recorder where it is,  there is NO TV in this room, just my Monitor.

The below image shows the TV , Blue -ray Player and the TX and other picture shows the RX and TV.

image.thumb.png.a95f7108ca32c82311a8a63bf0d5f765.png

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Alyeti,

I just noticed , as  I have pulled the cat5e from the Recorder to 1st tv and another Cat5e and from the recorder to another TV and I will need to buy 1 transmitter and 2 receiver, as the tv is in different Rooms. 

Plus the Cat5e will get the signal to RX receiver from TX transmitter.

My Recorder is in the front room, My 1st TV is another Room back of the house and 2nd Tv in another room, So how do I go about having the TX and RX, as I will need to 2RX one on each tv due TV's is both different room and the recorder is another room, so 3 different locations.

I got the image from the ebay, this how they have set up, but my Hikvison Nvr Recorder where it is,  there is NO TV in this room, just my Monitor.

The below image shows the TV , Blue -ray Player and the TX and other picture shows the RX and TV.

image.thumb.png.a95f7108ca32c82311a8a63bf0d5f765.png

Only problem you might get is the resolution may keep trying to switch u til it finds a compatible one but you have switch to make it stick to source output