Security Installer Community

Ring Video Door Bell or Hikvison Video Door bell

CARETAKER46

Hi Alyeti,

Thank you for your reply.

I am only using the existing Ding Dong chime, which was currently on the 8-12Volt Tranformer 1 amp.

however I am now replacing the Door bell push ring to Video Door bell, which this New  Video Door bell needs 24Volt and the Amp of the this new  Video Door bell is 0.6Amp.

I am only having 1 chime only, but due to New  Video Door bell I have to replace the transformer to 24 Volt and I was not sure to which Amp to get transformer 1.5Amp or 2.0Amp or 3.0Amp on a 24 Volt Transformer, as it say 24 Volt on the Hikvision Video Door Bell.

Chime on it own only needs 8-12 Volt and 1Amp transformer.

youu can use a 10A 8v transformer on your door bell but not a 1a 24v. they are 2 different voltages so you will need 2 supplies. one for your bell one for your other unit

or a transformer from 24v ac to 8v fed from the 24v one

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 04/03/2019 at 16:26, james.wilson said:

Oh right , as Hikvision said this model , which I purchased can be connected to your existing door chime, so this is why I was under the impression I can use one transformer for my existing chime and also WiFi video door bell to connect on my phone.

if I keep 2 door bell, then there is this possibility the visitor or parcel guy might not use the one of the door bell, so this is the reason I wanted to keep only 1 door bell, which is the WiFi Video Door bell.

Is this typing error 10A or should it be 1A 8Volt.

i will see if there is a transformer 24V ac to 8V and will there be Amp rating on this transformer?

I am sorry to bother you guys again , I am trying to connect the WiFi and it is just failing and can not connect to the app. It has registered the Device, it confirm it has registered the WiFi and server,  it scans the QR Code and after that it does not connect to the app and and the WiFI does not seem to connect or open the app, keep getting message WiFi speed slow, or WiFi to far, so I dismantle the door Hikvision video door bell ring and placed it next to the router and still get the same message. Before it was connected front door of the house and it had the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong. Appreciate if you can advice.

I get the solid blue light, but don’t seem to connect the WiFi or open the hik connect app.2B46FAD3-A882-4CC7-A8F5-DAD33DC187A3.thumb.jpeg.4314835ce4daac4da4359cc310069f55.jpeg66B9D9AA-416E-4CD4-9271-881E11E7D4BD.thumb.jpeg.f4fda81172095304b2be277287f79dac.jpeg

13 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

I am sorry to bother you guys again , I am trying to connect the WiFi and it is just failing and can not connect to the app. It has registered the Device, it confirm it has registered the WiFi and server,  it scans the QR Code and after that it does not connect to the app and and the WiFI does not seem to connect or open the app, keep getting message WiFi speed slow, or WiFi to far, so I dismantle the door Hikvision video door bell ring and placed it next to the router and still get the same message. Before it was connected front door of the house and it had the same issue. Any ideas what could be wrong. Appreciate if you can advice.

I get the solid blue light, but don’t seem to connect the WiFi or open the hik connect app.2B46FAD3-A882-4CC7-A8F5-DAD33DC187A3.thumb.jpeg.4314835ce4daac4da4359cc310069f55.jpeg66B9D9AA-416E-4CD4-9271-881E11E7D4BD.thumb.jpeg.f4fda81172095304b2be277287f79dac.jpeg

What router do you have ? 

Default the router to factory settings and default the doorbell and try again 

If you can't get passed the WiFi issue try taking the doorbell elsewhere ms try it on another WiFi router , just so you can narrow down where the problem is 

Also did you buy this new or used?  I would see if the device needs an update of firmware but  be difficult if it's not connecting .....

Dear All,

Sorry for the late reply and the problem I had, was the transformer power was not strong enough, as I wanted to use the 8V 1amp transformer to see if it works,as I purchased 2nd hand.

What happened was the red light was flashing on the video Door bell and the chime was ringing it self every minute, so I was messing around what could be the problem. What is was the Bell chime was taking all the power, so this is why the video door bell would not connect at the first attempt to the Wifi.

So I dismantle door bell, took the existing transformer out and took it in the room next to the Vodafone router and I could not get it going and again messed around for few hours.

I went out and came back late at 12 midnight and started to mess around and hey Presto it scanned the QR code and it registered the phone and I downloaded the HIK CONNECT app. 

I Reset it by holding the button on the left facing towards me, which reset to factory setting, this was done few time at the 1st install and then 2nd attempt In the room. In the room it connect to Wifi and registered the Door bell, but it would not registered when fitted outside due to not enough power from Transformer. But it registered in the room, as the transformer was ONLY supplying the power to the Door bell and NOT Chime.

Device firmware is up to date. Firmware up to date Device version :V1.4.62 build 180515

It was about 2 month old confirmed by the seller. It is working fine and it takes time to load up and you need a good wifi. This is only down side of it and by the time you answer the parcel guy might be already gone, so this is what you guys said al long, but I am happy with it so far, as I paid around £50.00.

The good thing about it is it has the motion detection, so you get alerts and picture, so I know who has been like postman, my wife and Kids, so I can see what time they go in and out, so no more lies from the children coming home late, while I am in bed Lol at Weekends.

You can see from the images I have attached  it works fine, so I kept it in the room all day Sunday and it worked, so I fitted it now and dismantle the wires from the Byron Ding Dome chime and the Hikvision door bell works fine and I get motion detection. if I connect the  Byron Ding Dome chime , then the Hikvision video door bell not work, as the Chime will take all the power, due to using the existing transformer.

I spoke to Hikvison technical and they told me the Video door bell will operate at 9 Volt, so even if I get 12 Volt it will do the both chime and Video doorbell. But I rather get the 3 voltage, so in future if there is a problem, I have the 16Volt and 24 Volt.

I am just waiting from the below supplier for the stock  for Transformer size 0V-12V-16V-24V , it is out of stock, the reason I am going for this it has 3 different option of voltage, but only has the 8Va

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTEK-Bell-Transformer-Din-Rail-Mounted-8V-16V-24V-For-Nest-Ring-Door-Bell/183576530737?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

When I do the conversion for 8Va to Amps it give me 0.33333Amp  8VA- 240Volts - calculate 0.33333333 and some other website saying 8Va is about 8 watts, My video Door bell needed 0.6Amp or 12 Watts.

Enter phase #: Single phaseThree phase  
Enter volt-amps:   VA
Enter line to line volts:   V

Result in amps:   A

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

Edited by CARETAKER46

I just wanted to Know, as I have purchased the  4x DS-2CD2132F-I 4mm PoE Cameras and 1 x DS-7640NI-E1/4P/A NVR 2TB can the Video Door bell be recorded on the NVR or do I have to sacrifice one camera port, even though it is on Wifi.

In order for the DS-KB6003-WIP Wifi video bell to record I have to keep a separate port spare on my NVR, or does it not record  on IP address is straight to your NVR or hardrive ?

I was told you can record through your IP address or it needs to be OVNIF compatible , But this is to HIKVISION NVR, so you don’t need to have to have the ONVIF. I don't want to lose a port, as I will need 4 camera active.  I rather then have the Micro SDHC or SDXC Micro card 128Gb or 64Gb

Sorry for asking in depth question.

2 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

I just wanted to Know, as I have purchased the  4x DS-2CD2132F-I 4mm PoE Cameras and 1 x DS-7640NI-E1/4P/A NVR 2TB can the Video Door bell be recorded on the NVR or do I have to sacrifice one camera port, even though it is on Wifi.

In order for the DS-KB6003-WIP Wifi video bell to record I have to keep a separate port spare on my NVR, or does it not record  on IP address is straight to your NVR or hardrive ?

I was told you can record through your IP address or it needs to be OVNIF compatible , But this is to HIKVISION NVR, so you don’t need to have to have the ONVIF. I don't want to lose a port, as I will need 4 camera active.  I rather then have the Micro SDHC or SDXC Micro card 128Gb or 64Gb

Sorry for asking in depth question.

You need extra port give NVR back

Hi Alyeti,

I have already bought it and my Mrs said we only want to monitor our house not the whole street,so she said just buy the 4 channel. I purchased this from Ebay new, but no return. She said 2 camera at the front of the property and 2 camera at the back of the property.

I will have to for time being buy a Micro SDHC or SDXC Micro card 128Gb or 64Gb card. This will store the footage and you can playback on the Hik Connect app or on your mobile.

4 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Alyeti,

I have already bought it and my Mrs said we only want to monitor our house not the whole street,so she said just buy the 4 channel. I purchased this from Ebay new, but no return. She said 2 camera at the front of the property and 2 camera at the back of the property.

I will have to for time being buy a Micro SDHC or SDXC Micro card 128Gb or 64Gb card. This will store the footage and you can playback on the Hik Connect app or on your mobile.

Get rid of wife or recorder , sell 4way and get 8way

I get the solid blue light, but don’t seem to connect the WiFi or open the hik connect app.2B46FAD3-A882-4CC7-A8F5-DAD33DC187A3.thumb.jpeg.4314835ce4daac4da4359cc310069f55.jpeg66B9D9AA-416E-4CD4-9271-881E11E7D4BD.thumb.jpeg.f4fda81172095304b2be277287f79dac.jpegI have been meaning to get rid of my wife, but hard to get rid off her Lol.  I will see if I can sell the 4Nvr and buy 8Nvr.

which cat5e cable to use , is there outdoor and indoor cable , as my cabling will going the under the suspension floor and then outside up the bay window, as I don’t want to run around all over the house with cable and lifting carpet, otherwise mrs will go crazy for moving carpet , furniture and beds.

there is standard. Cat5e , but the sheathing is not strong and it will be too flexible and some of my cable will be exposed outside.

Cat5e outdoor but buy copper not CCA or you will regret it 

Ps the hik doorbell try and connect it on a channel first temporarily before buying or running cables so you don't waste your time if that makes sense, of it works all well then get they 8way etc

Hi Al-Yeti,

Thank you for your reply.

SO I need to buy the Cat5e outdoor solid copper cable and the CCA is this used internally in the house or is it the same quality you get from your broadband provider with the router 1m cat5e cable.

So I need to do temporary wiring of the Cat5e to the door bell and I have to remove the existing wiring , which is connected on the transformer, so I do this will I be able to use the Ring and get the message on the phone or will it just record on the NVR only.

https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/networking/cables-patch-and-reels/network-cables-reels/8541-kenable-external-shielded-cat5e-outdoor-copper-ethernet-cable-ftp-reel-50m-008541-5055383485413.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDpw_HPoXK5hOUBv7JG0AujMI6149aVvwu8tS5OSsEr-bJjl9lWn7YKBoCrtYQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-External-Outdoor-Ethernet-Network/dp/B004HTHIYG

Edited by CARETAKER46
adding

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:39, CARETAKER46 said:

Thanks James Learning new thing everyday. I will check if I can find a suitable transformer.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:33, CARETAKER46 said:

I need about 100 Metres and so don't want to spend more than £50-60.00 or I will have to see how much they are Cat5e outdoor cable , when I get home from work tonight.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:33, CARETAKER46 said:

I need about 100 Metres and so don't want to spend more than £50-60.00 or I will have to see how much they are Cat5e outdoor cable , when I get home from work tonight.

Hi Guys,

Just to give you update, I purchased the Bell transformer from Screwfix 8-24V ,It says 8va , but the one I bought it did not have the Va mentioned, but it worked for me, it rings the Door bell and also the Chime and there is No buzzing sound and the Transformer is quite. I would recommend this transformer I have had it for 2 days and had no issue as yet. I have ordered from Toolstation the 2 way enclosure to put the transformer inside , as it is Din rail type transformer. It is working really good at the moment, so the Output Va is doing the job, if it s 8Va.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

There was one on the Amazon which was 24V and 30Va ,but on the comments it says 40Va, when he actually received the Transformer and he also bought the Hikvison and it worked fine for him.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gewiss-am-GW96434-Voltage-24-V-Transformer/dp/B0085AHCPI/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5V79YXXGZ0VMMXVCEW65

Hi All,

I have purchased this cable SFX CAT5e UTP Cctv External PE Outdoor Black cable Solid copper.

another issue I have since the new transformer been changed from 8V 1Amp to 24v transformer from Screwfix and it worked really well  from Sunday to Wednesday night and then it just gone offline and I have got WiFi booster near the video door bell and still showing offline.

i reset the device , by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds and i had no luck, just don’t seem to able to connect to WiFi, I don’t know if it the virgin Media Hub 3.0. May be some restrictions. I even disconnected Ding Dong Chime wiring and still the same can not connect to WiFi on the door bell. 

Do do you have any ideas what could it be.

https://www.securiflex.co.uk/sfx-cat5e-utp-47-p.asp

14 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi All,

I have purchased this cable SFX CAT5e UTP Cctv External PE Outdoor Black cable Solid copper.

another issue I have since the new transformer been changed from 8V 1Amp to 24v transformer from Screwfix and it worked really well  from Sunday to Wednesday night and then it just gone offline and I have got WiFi booster near the video door bell and still showing offline.

i reset the device , by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds and i had no luck, just don’t seem to able to connect to WiFi, I don’t know if it the virgin Media Hub 3.0. May be some restrictions. I even disconnected Ding Dong Chime wiring and still the same can not connect to WiFi on the door bell. 

Do do you have any ideas what could it be.

https://www.securiflex.co.uk/sfx-cat5e-utp-47-p.asp

Yes , WiFi doorbells do this 

Probably why it was cheap on eBay, when did you buy it?