Security Installer Community

Ring Video Door Bell or Hikvison Video Door bell

CARETAKER46

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Sorry to bother you again Guys,

I have purchased the below from Ebay for £44.00, as he was moving house and he used it on 18Volt transformer.

On the installation it is saying 24Volt, but I am not sure the Amp, as I will be operating the Video Door Bell and the Ding Dong Chime.

How many Amps do I need for the Transformer is it 1amp or 2 amp, as I will need 24Volt.

I will need to know the cable length, as I will need minimum of 2 metres, as my 240V socket is just behind the front Door.

Power supply 16 VAC to 24 VAC

Power Frequency 50hz to 60 hz.

Power Consumtion 0.6A

Power Consumtion 12W

Your help will be Appreciated.

https://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products/Video-Intercom/Wi-Fi-Door-Bell/DS-KB6003-WIP

https://www.dynamic-cctv.com/media/attachment/file/d/s/ds-kb6003-wip-spec.pdf

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-Mains-Power-Adaptor-Supply-Charger-PSU-800MA-1-0-AMP-24-Volt-Regulated-24v/332336065759?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-5V-12V-24V-1A-2A-3A-4A-5A-8A-Power-Supply-Adapter-Transformer-Charger-Plug/401560496857?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUMVISION-UNIVERSAL-POWER-SUPPLY-UNIT-15-VOLTS-24-VOLTS/113671698896?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Plug-DC-24V-1A-AC-Adapter-Charger-Power-Supply-for-LED-Strip-Light/202577851272?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks James, Sorry never noticed, must be aged thing.

What size transformer I will require, I know Hikvison said 24Volt and we have now found out the Amp is 0.6Aamp and I also want to connect to Ding Dong Chime and when I phoned Byron Technical, they said they usually state 8Volt 1Amp.  Technical said if you used 24volt it will just burn the chime or it may keep buzzing.

I need to use 24Volt to work or do I need a transformer , where it regulates Amp by it self.

Byron told me as soon as you press the Door bell ring button, this is when the power will be applied.

So this is why I was asking you guys which transformer I need to buy, as the guy who I bought it from he used 18volts transformer, but I don't he had his Ding Dong chime connected. So I need to buy the correct Amp rating or if I buy higher it may burn the circuit.

Thanks Again.

3 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Thanks James, Sorry never noticed, must be aged thing.

What size transformer I will require, I know Hikvison said 24Volt and we have now found out the Amp is 0.6Aamp and I also want to connect to Ding Dong Chime and when I phoned Byron Technical, they said they usually state 8Volt 1Amp.  Technical said if you used 24volt it will just burn the chime or it may keep buzzing.

I need to use 24Volt to work or do I need a transformer , where it regulates Amp by it self.

Byron told me as soon as you press the Door bell ring button, this is when the power will be applied.

So this is why I was asking you guys which transformer I need to buy, as the guy who I bought it from he used 18volts transformer, but I don't he had his Ding Dong chime connected. So I need to buy the correct Amp rating or if I buy higher it may burn the circuit.

Thanks Again.

8v 1A is the normal rating for a single mains operated door chime in a transformer , or if your using two door chimes then you need a 2amp version 

Hi Alyeti,

Thank you for your reply.

I am only using the existing Ding Dong chime, which was currently on the 8-12Volt Tranformer 1 amp.

however I am now replacing the Door bell push ring to Video Door bell, which this New  Video Door bell needs 24Volt and the Amp of the this new  Video Door bell is 0.6Amp.

I am only having 1 chime only, but due to New  Video Door bell I have to replace the transformer to 24 Volt and I was not sure to which Amp to get transformer 1.5Amp or 2.0Amp or 3.0Amp on a 24 Volt Transformer, as it say 24 Volt on the Hikvision Video Door Bell.

Chime on it own only needs 8-12 Volt and 1Amp transformer.

youu can use a 10A 8v transformer on your door bell but not a 1a 24v. they are 2 different voltages so you will need 2 supplies. one for your bell one for your other unit

or a transformer from 24v ac to 8v fed from the 24v one

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 04/03/2019 at 16:26, james.wilson said:

Oh right , as Hikvision said this model , which I purchased can be connected to your existing door chime, so this is why I was under the impression I can use one transformer for my existing chime and also WiFi video door bell to connect on my phone.

if I keep 2 door bell, then there is this possibility the visitor or parcel guy might not use the one of the door bell, so this is the reason I wanted to keep only 1 door bell, which is the WiFi Video Door bell.

Is this typing error 10A or should it be 1A 8Volt.

i will see if there is a transformer 24V ac to 8V and will there be Amp rating on this transformer?