Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy 2 - Alarm Fault

NeilShah

Hi,

I have had to call an alarm engineer out twice in the last month and both times paid a call out fee - have a fault for a third time and really don't want to pay a call out again as this is getting very expensive so hoping somebody here can help!

When I try to activate the alarm now, the control panel display reads "Intruder Zn: 1002; SETTING ABORTED" … any advice on how to resolve myself??

Thanks in advance!!

Neil

2 hours ago, NeilShah said:

Hi,

I have had to call an alarm engineer out twice in the last month and both times paid a call out fee - have a fault for a third time and really don't want to pay a call out again as this is getting very expensive so hoping somebody here can help!

When I try to activate the alarm now, the control panel display reads "Intruder Zn: 1002; SETTING ABORTED" … any advice on how to resolve myself??

Thanks in advance!!

Neil

DIY install , fault intruder on zone 2 because you haven't set zone attributes correctly so intruder on exit fail set or abort 

Just a guessing 

Thanks for your replies so far.  The alarm company claim this is a new issue so a separate call out fee will be charged.  Actually this is different to the original fault which I called them out for but the first visit was a full system service/maintenance - the second issue occurred a few days after the first visit and the company insisted that a charge would apply even though they had just completed the full service because the fault wasn't present at the time according to them and now another issue.  All these call outs will soon cost as much as it did to install the system in the first place!

I press A to arm the system and get this error.  Is anybody able to advise on what action I can take to fix or does it really need an engineer to be called out? 

Thanks

If you know what you are doing you can work out what is on Zone 1002, test it and work out if something needs replacing or repair.

Does the system work correctly intermittently or has the system not armed correctly since the original service?

If the original visit was a service I can understand the call out charge for the second visit but if this is a reoccuring issue from the second visit, I wouldn't expect another charge.

I have no idea how much you paid to have the system installed but it not as simple as that, you could swap all the controls and there be a fault on the wiring for example. You can have similar issues with any home service, boiler, lecy etc.