Security Installer Community

Eurosec CPX and YEND21/24 Problems???

Jeli

Hi all,

I installed my own Eurosec CPX back in 2010 with:

FSL wiring

4 PIR (Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, Landing)

2 YEND21 contacts in series (Porch and front door)

2 YEND21 contacts (Rear garage door and rear lounge door)

1 REED switch (Garage door)

RKP

GTAG

In 2015 the YEND21 fitted to the lounge rear door started playing up.  On part set it would trigger the alarm in the early hours.  Replaced this and it's been fine up until last week where the alarm starting to chime telling me rear lounge door was open when it wasn't. 

Replacement YEND24 v2 was ordered and fitted...  This time the alarm was not happy on full or part setting and kept telling me tamper was activated on the contact.  The spring had definitely pressed the contact in.  I took the new YEND24 v2 off and replaced it with another new one.  Same issue...  Put the old one back on and same issue.  Went back to a new one and left the alarm for several hours which seems to have sorted itself out.  i.e. no issues with tamper or full and part sets.

Today the alarm chimed 3 times in a row to say the rear lounge door is open when it isn't.  It had been operating fine beforehand so it's intermittent.  I've only ever had issues with the rear lounge door and the contact here...  I know there were some issues with the YEND21 and it was improved upon.  Is something sticking??  What testing can I do?        

Appreciate any guidance that can be offered.

James 

Edited by Jeli

Well the reason I got the tamper issue was because the new YEND24 v2 instructions said to use resistor pins on E + 4 (4k7 + 6k8).  Actually it seems it's still C + 3 for 4k7 and 6k8 which is why the tamper issue sorted itself after several hours cos I followed what was set before and just confirmed from manufacturers site.

Anyhow it's still telling me the door is open when it isn't!

Edit > going to swap the garage rear door contact with the lounge one and see how I get on.

Edited by Jeli

43 minutes ago, Jeli said:

Well the reason I got the tamper issue was because the new YEND24 v2 instructions said to use resistor pins on E + 4 (4k7 + 6k8).  Actually it seems it's still C + 3 for 4k7 and 6k8 which is why the tamper issue sorted itself after several hours cos I followed what was set before and just confirmed from manufacturers site.

Anyhow it's still telling me the door is open when it isn't!

Edit > going to swap the garage rear door contact with the lounge one and see how I get on.

If it was all working before then you have a connection or wiring issue , as you don't do it often you probably made a mistake somewhere or cable fault perhaps

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

If it was all working before then you have a connection or wiring issue , as you don't do it often you probably made a mistake somewhere or cable fault perhaps

Thanks for the response al-yeti. The new paper instructions included with replacement contacts didn't help me as they differ from those I downloaded.  Now that's resolved I'm thinking it has to be an issue with the cable.  I'll swap the contacts between garage and lounge next which should hopefully prove the contacts are all fine.