Security Installer Community

Poor video quality (1080p HIK cameras & Sannce DVR)c

inglishg

I don't often get involved with CCTV, but have been asked fire help with a guys newly installed system. 

It's a Sannce DVR with two analogue 1080p HIK vision cameras.

The cables are pre- made (two different "makes"), and the cameras and DVR have separate power supplies. 

The cables run through the house wall and then in different directions to the two cameras. There is minimal excess cable coiled up and they don't run next to power supplies. 

Both images are show interference - the colours are distorted.

Is there something obvious?

Cheers

26 minutes ago, inglishg said:

I don't often get involved with CCTV, but have been asked fire help with a guys newly installed system. 

The cables are pre- made (two different "makes"), and the cameras and DVR have separate power supplies. 

The cables run through the house wall and then in different directions to the two cameras. There is minimal excess cable coiled up and they don't run next to power supplies. 

Cheers

All junk equipment ?

Otherwise could be the PSU for the cameras 

Cheers

The image won't load properly but sounds the cables that are pre made are causing image loss someplace the video coax with a rg59 cable or a cat5 or 6 with a decent balun at each end of the run pre made cables are not much good from what I've found with them 

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks for the reply. 

Obviously my knowledge is inferior to yours, but a relative has a similar set up, and there's is crystal clear - same cameras and DVR.

I presumed there's something interfering with the signal somewhere?

I understood HIK vision cameras were ok? Cannot really respond about Sannce.

Maybe I should suggest he changes his DVR? May prove if the issue is the cameras/cables or DVR itself...

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. 

Ok, I'll wire another camera into it, and see how the image is, before getting the ladders out...

If I can prove a good image with a replacement cable, then it could be happy days :-)

Perhaps I'll be sticking to my 30 years in security systems rather than poking my nose into the magic of CCTV!

Thanks again for your help. 

1 hour ago, inglishg said:

Thanks for the reply. 

Obviously my knowledge is inferior to yours, but a relative has a similar set up, and there's is crystal clear - same cameras and DVR.

I presumed there's something interfering with the signal somewhere?

I understood HIK vision cameras were ok? Cannot really respond about Sannce.

Maybe I should suggest he changes his DVR? May prove if the issue is the cameras/cables or DVR itself...

Cheers

Not that inferior lol 

But you could take a cat5 to the camera for the video with some baluns to see if it makes a difference if it doesn't might be PSU issue or something else

I'd say try a new cable first on cat 5 with Balinese and power run through that also whole the camera is powered check the voltage at the camera end it should be around 13 ISH volts if DC 12 adaptor 

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks Nova. 

The DVR has a built-in monitor and the images are identical when viewed online. It does seem that either the signals to the DVR are suspect, or it's the DVR itself that is processing the signal incorrectly.

Thanks for your help

If the DVR is analogue then I'd say your DVR was incompatible to receive the signal correctly you need a hybrid DVR is one that can see and cvbs tvi and cvi signal not just cvbs

Thanks for this... obviously I'm out of my depth with this.

I've not got all the paperwork with me, but I know the DVR is "analogue" and understood the cameras were too. However the question of tvi/cvi is unknown. 

There IS a picture (it's a shame my small video file was not viewable to you all) but it's showing hazy interference. 

Would I still get a picture if the tvi/chi was incorrect?

Thanks again to you all for your help. 

Cheers James.

So you can see the video? That's great. 

The DVR shows 1080p, and I recall the cameras also being 1mp 1080p (I'll be able to check this when I return to the customers house).

So, lower quality cameras might be the solution?

I suppose if I'm going to get asked to look at CCTV regularly, I should attend one of the ADI events and get clued up!

Cheers

Thanks also SWB. I'll propose that the cameras are moved.

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Cameras may have a menu to switch between formats, although best to check that, I don't fit Hik.

Your fighting a losing battle unfortunately. Although the councils that can't spec it still do, bit like huawei...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

7 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Your fighting a losing battle unfortunately. Although the councils that can't spec it still do, bit like huawei...

Huawei are dust in EU/uk

Ericsson have released there new modules supporting multiple networks more expensive than huwaei which have been completely dropped for mobile mast infrastructure, mainly following the u.s

Not long before something cheaper than hik will be used

Hijack dot com

There is no battle, I stand by what I said years ago that fitting Hik is race to the bottom. I fit proven gear I trust, if people don't want that quality of service they will find someone else to throw it in.

Huawei will never be dust, we are too far down the road of having there stuff everywhere it's in both Openreach and mobile backbones plus all the consumer gear - routers and tv boxes etc.

Yes US have dropped all Chinese gear going forward but they have people just as corrupt on the other side of the argument. I can't see them expanding into the 5G market at the moment but far from dust.

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

There is no battle, I stand by what I said years ago that fitting Hik is race to the bottom. I fit proven gear I trust, if people don't want that quality of service they will find someone else to throw it in.

Huawei will never be dust, we are too far down the road of having there stuff everywhere it's in both Openreach and mobile backbones plus all the consumer gear - routers and tv boxes etc.

Yes US have dropped all Chinese gear going forward but they have people just as corrupt on the other side of the argument. I can't see them expanding into the 5G market at the moment but far from dust.

It's not about user end equipment , issue is backbone network being dropped by EU and u.s , most operators are actually removing some of there equipment dude ........ And your correct they are far from gone plenty of other takers