Security Installer Community

Texecom Cloud

34 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

It does indeed, but it's a very high price to pay when everyone else doesn't charge! It's a risky business strategy especially as their equipment offers no more than others 

Be serious it's gold membership for a reason , problem here is your not installing enough 

Remember risky risco used offer stuff free ending up charging 

And texe still has free services for your house bashing level all good eh

1 hour ago, scrimshanker said:

I didn't say it shouldn't be charged for, all I'm saying is it's expensive especially as there's free alternatives.

In fact, it doesn't really do anything more than what was already available.

ok but how is it expensive? its called gold, so the likes of swb and maybe chris banging in there gear get a better service than the one who doesnt

or you need to house bash better 

ok seriously please list the free udl services etc

2 hours ago, mark auto QA said:

In what ways do you consider it pays for itself?

We looked at it the other day and for us its probably not worth the investment right now, are we missing something?

Not enough installs and work?

The whole remote service side is fully automated, leaving nothing left to do on that side. Everything is fully audit trailed for compliance, again no record to manually update. No software to install means even more time saved as there is no messing about with programs and windows update issues. Real-time over the air updates and modifications via browser or smartphone, just like using wintex. It saves time, so it saves money. In the scheme of things the cost is nothing, we are charging  large clients an annual fee for online portal access to see multiple sites status and additional costs per user login .... No brainier, it’s all paid for.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Not enough installs and work?

Partly the issue - plenty of work but its more bits and bats of additions rather than full installs. 

We also use CASH software so anything we do remotely on the portal would need to be cross referenced  - so I think any savings on engineer time would be lost again in admin time. 

11 hours ago, PSE said:

Surely 10 minutes or less of office admin time is far less than at least an hour of engineer time and fuel costs. There is your your saving right there ?

thought you'd moved to orisec ?

Mr? Veritas God

No mate, I’m installing various bits of their kit, I installed one of their newer CP10 panels earlier today and it’s really good kit, but needs a couple of tweaks stil. My preferred kit is still Texecom, installing loads of it at the min and accounts for 90% of our intruder side. Smartcom connected systems are growing nicely... works well for us.

Edited by PSE