Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 Configuration.

On 19/01/2019 at 20:47, GalaxyGuy said:

In the flex you fit a jumper on the tamper header of the portal. There are a few unused jumpers on the existing headers if you don't have any spare.

As Mr galaxy said

6 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Sorry guys im still confused.... Can you draw it in crayon, as clearly that's my level! 

Look at your picture 

Right hand vertical board at top there is a switch , next to it is a jumper with two small pins , use the jumper to short both pins this will close the tamper

If the card was in its own box it would have a spring on the switch instead 

On 19/01/2019 at 15:09, al-yeti said:

So buy an expander as you have a 20 zone panel I thought

OK, C072 RIO fitted next to the main panel.

183988681_kxNZlNPrT614I9B9Qgdw.thumb.jpg.785efa47498e0272a74dd5a62c0c4ada.jpg 

Couple of questions:

1) Zone wiring is different, no 12v on the Zone terminals ( 1, 0v, 2, 3, 0v, 4 etc), I presume the 12v is connected to one of the 12v outputs on the opposite side of the expansion modules?

2) I can't find a wiring diagram for connecting the RIO to the main panel - Looking at it it looks like the B & A terminals on the RIO, but not sure the other end

29 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Couple of questions:

1) Zone wiring is different, no 12v on the Zone terminals ( 1, 0v, 2, 3, 0v, 4 etc), I presume the 12v is connected to one of the 12v outputs on the opposite side of the expansion modules?

2) I can't find a wiring diagram for connecting the RIO to the main panel - Looking at it it looks like the B & A terminals on the RIO, but not sure the other end

Why you keep the cable stripped so short? Strip back more will be easier for you to manage

Also generally yes , a&b correct , I haven't really used the flex but the Rio could be powered with  single keypad and you could take an aux 12v from panel if it has one to Rio 

Few ways you can do it can't see pics that well

9 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Why you keep the cable stripped so short? Strip back more will be easier for you to manage

Also generally yes , a&b correct , I haven't really used the flex but the Rio could be powered with  single keypad and you could take an aux 12v from panel if it has one to Rio 

Few ways you can do it can't see pics that well

In my defence, it is my first effort! :) But yes with hindsight, I should have stripped back twice as much cable!! It looks more of a mess as I have not yet done the tidy up, I'll do this once all is working.

I'll try to find wiring for the RIO

2 hours ago, RevolvingSteve said:

In my defence, it is my first effort! :) But yes with hindsight, I should have stripped back twice as much cable!! It looks more of a mess as I have not yet done the tidy up, I'll do this once all is working.

I'll try to find wiring for the RIO

Rio should be where you wired in the keypad ab

12 hours ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Couple of questions:

the woods is nice & square...

Mr? Veritas God