Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 Configuration.

After some great advice on this thread:

I now have the unit wired up, turned on, all faults cleared and the unit powered on with the time and date set, not much to others I'm sure but a minor milestone to me! :0)

Finally got a day without work/kids/life steamrolling over any free time so going to try and get the configuration done today.  En game is:

2 'Set' options (one for everything active when we are out if the house, one for downstairs when we are in bed)

3 Users created

3 Keyprox Tags assigned to the users

Change passcodes for Standard 'User' and 'Engineer' users

Ethernet module configured to access internet, DDNS setup, iOS App connected (Both Internally and Externally from the house)

Is there a recommended flow of doing this or does it not matter? Any tips are gratefully received as always as the install manual is about 200 pages long!

To add, is there a full menu map anywhere I can print off?

Edited by RevolvingSteve

17 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

After some great advice on this thread:

I now have the unit wired up, turned on, all faults cleared and the unit powered on with the time and date set, not much to others I'm sure but a minor milestone to me! :0)

Finally got a day without work/kids/life steamrolling over any free time so going to try and get the configuration done today.  En game is:

2 'Set' options (one for everything active when we are out if the house, one for downstairs when we are in bed)

3 Users created

3 Keyprox Tags assigned to the users

Change passcodes for Standard 'User' and 'Engineer' users

Ethernet module configured to access internet, DDNS setup, iOS App connected (Both Internally and Externally from the house)

Is there a recommended flow of doing this or does it not matter? Any tips are gratefully received as always as the install manual is about 200 pages long!

To add, is there a full menu map anywhere I can print off?

Just get on with it and report back lol

2 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

doesn't matter what circuit you use

Many thanks. Just renaming them all now.. slow! Maybe I should configure the Ethernet first and then I can do this from my PC?

Doesn't seem to be a USB port as stated in one of the manuals

Edited by RevolvingSteve

18 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Cheers.

So I have configured the exit route PIR as 'exit' and the exit route door as 'final'. What's confusing me is that the hall PIR will be the exit for night set, and the landing PIR will be omitted from night set, what function do I sign the hall PIR? PRT ENTRY OR PRT FINAL?

Part entry.

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Part entry.

:thumbsup:

I am going to have to move 2 x PIR onto 1 zone (failed to take into account the final zone on its own door contact).  

TBH I almost put both upstairs PIR's onto 1 zone to start with so it was easier to omit/exclude them from the night arming, so I'm not bothered about now putting them onto 1 zone.

How would I adjust the wiring on zone 11 & 12 given to compile them onto 11, I have the PIR's internally wired like the image below.

IMG_0319.jpg.fcc2f32f29f0dab4f1869b6da238076b.jpg

Obviously replace '1' 0v '2' with 11 & 12!

Edited by RevolvingSteve

4 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

:thumbsup:

I am going to have to move 2 x PIR onto 1 zone (failed to take into account the final zone on its own door contact).  

TBH I almost put both upstairs PIR's onto 1 zone to start with so it was easier to omit/exclude them from the night arming, so I'm not bothered about now putting them onto 1 zone.

How would I adjust the wiring on zone 11 & 12 given to compile them onto 11, I have the PIR's internally wired like the image below.

IMG_0319.jpg.fcc2f32f29f0dab4f1869b6da238076b.jpg

Obviously replace '1' 0v '2' with 11 & 12!

How many devices you have in total contacts and pirs

6 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

11 x PIR'2, 2 x Door Contacts

My other option is just to leave the other (Non Final) door contact for now and replace with a Wireless one...

So buy an expander as you have a 20 zone panel I thought

Edited by al-yeti

Yes it is, I just don't have the expander to hand so was trying to get it finished today, didn't see a major issue with putting 2x onto 1 zone as they are just 'upstairs' and the manual states it supports unto 10 devices per zone, so I can't be the only person wanting to do this?

I am the one with no knowledge here though, so if there is a good reason why this should not be done, just say, its all learning for me!

Steve

Edited by RevolvingSteve

4 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Yes it is, I just don't have the expander to hand so was trying to get it finished today, didn't see a major issue with putting 2x onto 1 zone as they are just 'upstairs' and the manual states it supports unto 10 devices per zone, so I can't be the only person wanting to do this?

I am the one with no knowledge here though, so if there is a good reason why this should not be done, just say, its all learning for me!

Steve

Don't that's worst mistake 

Work out which sensors you need on now

Think about where you want expander which may just be next to control panel and order one

You will just open more fault finding problems trying to get eol working on sensors paired up when you don't need to 

4 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Don't that's worst mistake 

Work out which sensors you need on now

Think about where you want expander which may just be next to control panel and order one

You will just open more fault finding problems trying to get eol working on sensors paired up when you don't need to 

Great advice. Thanks! I'll leave one of the upstairs PIR off for now and order the RIO.

56 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Arghh I removed the door contact and can't remember how I wired it as it only has black/red wire. I think this was just across the zone number and 0v as they don't need 12v?

Correct , with resistors in place 

Is it a door contact with no tamper ? 

1 hour ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Great advice. Thanks! I'll leave one of the upstairs PIR off for now and order the RIO.

Good bloke you can then also get an RF card later I believe and have wireless zones , unless you already have that

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Correct , with resistors in place 

Is it a door contact with no tamper ? 

Good bloke you can then also get an RF card later I believe and have wireless zones , unless you already have that

Already have the RF card, see below!

19 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Sounds ok 

Great.

All seems done but I now have a tamper on the RF PORTAL 105.

I don't have any RF Detectors connected?

4BA44106-AAEA-444B-954C-EECC94915F27.jpeg

40E423C4-A7FC-4B88-956B-2D90720C0AED.jpeg

33 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

Already have the RF card, see below!

Great.

All seems done but I now have a tamper on the RF PORTAL 105.

I don't have any RF Detectors connected?

4BA44106-AAEA-444B-954C-EECC94915F27.jpeg

40E423C4-A7FC-4B88-956B-2D90720C0AED.jpeg

Did you fit the spring in the portal?

On 19/01/2019 at 20:47, GalaxyGuy said:

In the flex you fit a jumper on the tamper header of the portal. There are a few unused jumpers on the existing headers if you don't have any spare.

Could you elaborate? Im not at the house until tomorrow but will check it out.

On 19/01/2019 at 18:28, al-yeti said:

Did you fit the spring in the portal?

Again, you'll have to elaborate a little...