Security Installer Community

What texecom system to get?

Ramanoop

2 hours ago, Ramanoop said:

Maybe I was premature in dismissing HKC as an insignificant player. I see that HKC is part of the security giant Assa Abloy, just like Yale and Union... So they clearly have some global financial muscle behind them. 

little bit.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

11 hours ago, james.wilson said:

not that its relevant but HKC are testing their G3 panel.

Its out, we can buy them now apparently the rep has been in showing us the panel. Dont know who picked the colour of the end station.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

When you purchase an alarm system from a company you are essentially buying a service not a product.

The companies will support specific control panels for many reasons, they maybe knowledgable and trained with that manufacturer, have stock available at short notice the panel generally fits the companies operations in well established places.

Asking someone to install a system they can't support or have no knowledge of is a bad idea, you will likely get a poorly installed system with at least teething problems.

You honestly need to decide which route to take, are you DIYing or are you having it installed. If the latter then of your quotes go with the company you feel most comfortable with, forget about the brand (just make sure it's 2 way if wireless).

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ranson said:

Engineer code /master code can easily be defaulted anyway with out defaulting the whole panel so it’s not a big issue even if they don’t give you the engineer code 

Assuming that its not locked, but I agree with six wheel anyone blindly taking over a system willy nilly with his fingers crossed hoping the incumbent co programmed it right is not only unprofessional, but sooner or later will end up becoming a victim of his own laziness. 

14 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Assuming that its not locked, but I agree with six wheel anyone blindly taking over a system willy nilly with his fingers crossed hoping the incumbent co programmed it right is not only unprofessional, but sooner or later will end up becoming a victim of his own laziness. 

And stinginess