Security Installer Community

What texecom system to get?

Ramanoop

But back on track, is there a downside to me getting a Premier Elite 64-W LIVE (a grade 2 plastic panel with inbuilt keypad, which currently seems like the best option), over:

(a) a Premier Elite 64-W, and adding a separate wireless keypad; or

(b) a Premier Elite 48 grade 3 panel, and adding a wireless model and a separate wireless keypad?

I think the 64-W Live only has a 1.2ah battery (vs. the grade 3 panel which can take a 7ah. Is that concerning?

Also, would each of the above come with a power supply on board or would that be separate?

There you go again grade 3 must be better its a bigger number and it costs more. Seriously you dont want G3, I can count on one hand how many G3 domestic systems we have out there, nearly all our G3 systems are high-end jewellers and museums. HKC dont make G3 that's because they may a G2 system much better than everyone else making G2/3 systems. if you are going to look after it yourself it wont even be a G2 system DIY is G1.  It sounds like the Bahnams Salesman has no clue if he has told you that you can have the engineers code, sounds the type that will say anything to get the sale. They wont give you the engineering code.

• Like 2

not that its relevant but HKC are testing their G3 panel. Not that they will sell many but maybe its because of the op view. My own system is a hkc 10240

if i didn't need wireless i would probably have installed a Vanderbilt spc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

not that its relevant but HKC are testing their G3 panel. Not that they will sell many but maybe its because of the op view. My own system is a hkc 10240

if i didn't need wireless i would probably have installed a Vanderbilt spc

WiFi Lan or dual ? Or signed up to your other company?

2 hours ago, Ramanoop said:

Maybe I was premature in dismissing HKC as an insignificant player. I see that HKC is part of the security giant Assa Abloy, just like Yale and Union... So they clearly have some global financial muscle behind them. 

little bit.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

11 hours ago, james.wilson said:

not that its relevant but HKC are testing their G3 panel.

Its out, we can buy them now apparently the rep has been in showing us the panel. Dont know who picked the colour of the end station.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.