Security Installer Community

What texecom system to get?

Ramanoop

38 minutes ago, norman said:

Genuine Q, what makes the HKC better than Texe other than it's slightly harder to purchase?

Id say that the quality of HKC is slightly better, the panel has a few more features than most. For instance, every panel with a smartphone app will inform you when your kids come home an unset the alarm. But very few will inform you that they have not come home by the time they were supposed to, its just a versatile well made panel. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, norman said:

Genuine Q, what makes the HKC better than Texe other than it's slightly harder to purchase?

Texecom Radio - 2 x ewd, 2 x rkp & 4 contacts...

I'd assume at least 1 callback during warranty ?

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, norman said:

All changing now , more suppliers coming on board , now the sparkies can also purchase it unless suppliers are restricted from who they can sell to , which isn't the case, as long as your some sort of cabling trade you can buy it 

Edited by al-yeti
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, norman said:

i rate hkc highly maybe i should do a direct comparison for here. Sia uses hkc and hasn't had a callback ever for rf issues. I've also done test sites for it with and without mesh. But agreed it wasn't vs Texecom

• Like 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I won't be asking for anything for free - I'll be paying for installation and for a year of maintenance. Every installer I've spoken to will hand the system over to me after this point. Banham even gives the engineers codes upon installation. 

I don't want to get an HKC system - it doesn't look like they even manufacture grade 3 panels. I don't need one, but it makes me question how serious they are. Also, Texecom has mesh networking, which seems better.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ramanoop said:

I won't be asking for anything for free - I'll be paying for installation and for a year of maintenance. Every installer I've spoken to will hand the system over to me after this point. Banham even gives the engineers codes upon installation. 

I don't want to get an HKC system - it doesn't look like they even manufacture grade 3 panels. I don't need one, but it makes me question how serious they are. Also, Texecom has mesh networking, which seems better.

Seriously can't take you seriously not that your slate hkc , all manufacturers have there issues including hkc

Grade 3 lol

22 minutes ago, Ramanoop said:

Banham even gives the engineers codes upon installation. 

Serious company then

Warranty won't be worth much with you having that or you will pay when you mess it up 

Yes, Banham emphasise that the system they install belongs to the customer. I've inferred that they deal with a lot of high-end residential installations where the clients have their own security consultants. Unfortunately, their prices do reflect this!