Security Installer Community

Castle/Euro One SMS signalling info

SaajanB

Hi everyone,

I've had some experience with alarms, mostly Texecom and Pyronix, just done a couple wired installs here and there for mates.

In my Garage I have an older Castle/Pyronix Euro One panel, it's running software V6.051 with a few EOL zones. It was monitored over PSTN a couple years back but since been disconnected (switched alarm company after old castle iD panel in the house went kaput).

I want to setup SMS messaging over PSTN but I can't edit the setttings for the SMS TAP gateway. I only have the option of Vodafone, Orange, One2One and Cellnet(remember them!!). All of these TAP providers no longer run so the plan was to just put in the number for Open Telecom's 'OpenTAP' gateway. The alarm will let me choose the number for Fast, Contact ID or SIA but if I try and go into the 'SMS details' menu to change the gateway number it asks for 'manufacturer access' and prompts for a code. I tried the engineer code but it doesn't work. 

I don't think Pyronix will take kindly to some random DIYer asking for this 'manufacturer access' code, so I'm wondering if anyone else would happen to know?

Alternatively I might get some sort of GSM based solution but not sure what to get, I think the CSL stuff is way out of my price range (the miniair is 260 quid which is more expensive than a brand new euro 46 panel and LAN card!). Anyone got any recommondations on some sort of basic bell trigger output SMS dialler? 

Thanks

20181228_233937.jpg

11 minutes ago, SaajanB said:

Hi everyone,

I've had some experience with alarms, mostly Texecom and Pyronix, just done a couple wired installs here and there for mates.

In my Garage I have an older Castle/Pyronix Euro One panel, it's running software V6.051 with a few EOL zones. It was monitored over PSTN a couple years back but since been disconnected (switched alarm company after old castle iD panel in the house went kaput).

I want to setup SMS messaging over PSTN but I can't edit the setttings for the SMS TAP gateway. I only have the option of Vodafone, Orange, One2One and Cellnet(remember them!!). All of these TAP providers no longer run so the plan was to just put in the number for Open Telecom's 'OpenTAP' gateway. The alarm will let me choose the number for Fast, Contact ID or SIA but if I try and go into the 'SMS details' menu to change the gateway number it asks for 'manufacturer access' and prompts for a code. I tried the engineer code but it doesn't work. 

I don't think Pyronix will take kindly to some random DIYer asking for this 'manufacturer access' code, so I'm wondering if anyone else would happen to know?

Alternatively I might get some sort of GSM based solution but not sure what to get, I think the CSL stuff is way out of my price range (the miniair is 260 quid which is more expensive than a brand new euro 46 panel and LAN card!). Anyone got any recommondations on some sort of basic bell trigger output SMS dialler? 

Thanks

20181228_233937.jpg

What about a convertor , contact id to SMS ? I assume you can get that part to work 

7 hours ago, SaajanB said:

Hmmm, I just had a look into these contact ID to SMS convertors, they seem quite elusive and the ones that I found specify the Ademco Contact ID format. Is it worth just going for some sort of gsm dialler with relay inputs?

You can yes but , straight forward GSM inputs won't give you much detail if that's the case go for advent controls they have a GSM unit with 8inouts I think and is fairly cheap or a Chinese one which gives a little of both I send you a link for latter later

I like the look of the advent controls unit, not a bad price either. I would prefer to have some sort of detail, can you recommend any contact iD to SMS convertors? 

It's a shame pyronix crippled the panel's sms capability by locking down the gateway settings, although I've noticed on the v9/v10 panels you can actually change it without the need for the access code. 

Cheers

I tried calling the CHC but the panel just infinitely hangs on the screen. I picked up the phone to see it it was actually sending any data and it turns out the number it was trying to call was invalid! 

Anyone else happen to know this mysterious manufacturer access code?