Security Installer Community

Galaxy RSS

Just got RSS setup on my surface tablet and is working fine just done an upload download on a 48 panel today but went to a site which had a 520 in it but wouldn't let me connect said it was disabled at the panel. I checked all the settings and all seemed ok. Set the baud rate and the direct access and even enabled it in the user menu. If it is password protected does it say wrong password as I never got that? Have I messed anything. Don't know if it helps but it's and ex ADT panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Justsomeone79 said:

Just got RSS setup on my surface tablet and is working fine just done an upload download on a 48 panel today but went to a site which had a 520 in it but wouldn't let me connect said it was disabled at the panel. I checked all the settings and all seemed ok. Set the baud rate and the direct access and even enabled it in the user menu. If it is password protected does it say wrong password as I never got that? Have I messed anything. Don't know if it helps but it's and ex ADT panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Should work , as these lot know I look after ONE 520 lol , just wondering did you try restarting the panel ? After making changes

What other message does it return on rss

Just don't fancy programming this 520 by hand lol. I can speak to technical tomorrow but being impatient wanted to have an idea before I go back. Software is a pain in the **** as it is getting it working on windows 10 even wiped my laptop to put windows 7 on and then nothing worked as in LAN wireless everything else but some how surface took the software first time. I'm kinda thinking that ADT panels have some sort of lock on them possibly. 

No special access with the ADT version.  Check that remote access is enabled for the device (serial/Ethernet/Etc) in menu 56 and set to any time with direct access.  If the RSS password has been set, the message should be invalid RSS password.

On 04/12/2018 at 23:06, GalaxyGuy said:

No special access with the ADT version.  Check that remote access is enabled for the device (serial/Ethernet/Etc) in menu 56 and set to any time with direct access.  If the RSS password has been set, the message should be invalid RSS password.

Yeah your right no special access with ADT. I remember back in the day that Thorn had some special access but that was a long time ago.

All the settings were correct it was me on the software side. It was a G3 panel not dimension on 5.6 I think firmware dimension came in after version 6. 

I normally program everything by hand even the 520 panels probably like most engineers.

But a 520 in Tesco that someone else has done was only going to be a software option for me.

How many times have you had to restart a galaxy panel. I can say in in 20 years I have had to do it a handful of times.

Ok so you do require a restart , thanks for agreeing, not always of course 

No I didn't require a restart. Restarting a panel is a last resort for anyone especially if it's an old panel.

Geezer I talking about option51 , 17 restart 

I think you eaten to many samosas the galaxy which has its quirks has this feature and solves the odd bug 

48 minutes ago, norman said:

Are you confusing a restart with a default? 

Stop trying to be an alarm monkey

• Like 1