Jump to content
dave36

Galaxy 48 external bell/siren/box connections

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Hope that someone can help - I've just moved into different premises and there is a galaxy 48 on the wall, but all the cables had been disconnected. Well I've figured out the keypads and the detectors but there is a six core cable going to the bell box and I am having trouble with it to say the least!

Obviously (I think) that red is +VE and black is 0v,  blue and white seem to be tamper which leaves green and yellow. But when I connect them the siren either remains silent or goes off constantly.

So am I connecting to the correct place? the RIO outputs, or do I need to fit resistors?

 

Apologies if this is a stupid question. all my previous alarms were far less complicated :-)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really need to open the external siren to note the connections.  No resistors are required, so it's likely that your guess at the wiring isn't correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Green wire to str, yellow to bell, red and black to + and - blue and white to T

 

under that there are some jumpers pos/neg, sab/sbc batt sel int/ext

 

although the bell doesn't have a manufacturer on it the pcb is marked RPCB488 v H

 

 

Edited by dave36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0311.JPG.c0cb74f3a69cc9869a01f6d93eef75d0.JPGso here is the pic of the bell box, but I think its knowing where to put the wires in the galaxy 48 that the issue. Also I presume I have to program the galaxy outputs ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, james.wilson said:

a zoomed out one?

yes you will need to program 2 outputs. One as bell the other as strobe

No outputs default? I suppose op probably changed them anyway

11 hours ago, dave36 said:

IMG_0311.JPG.c0cb74f3a69cc9869a01f6d93eef75d0.JPGso here is the pic of the bell box, but I think its knowing where to put the wires in the galaxy 48 that the issue. Also I presume I have to program the galaxy outputs ?

 

So this is a deltabell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2018 at 14:04, dave36 said:

Hi

Green wire to str, yellow to bell, red and black to + and - blue and white to T

 

under that there are some jumpers pos/neg, sab/sbc batt sel int/ext

 

although the bell doesn't have a manufacturer on it the pcb is marked RPCB488 v H

 

 

Blue tamper , can't see what white is doing though

 

Have you got a picture on the 48 side I have feeling your connected to wrong connections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the wiring on a Dimension with default programming for outputs 1001 (bell) and 1002 (strobe)

 

image.png.0fca020d6185b950c5482c50a0f4ca51.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great many thanks I will give this a go - where does the white tamper wire go - into the 0v ? with the black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dave36 said:

That's great many thanks I will give this a go - where does the white tamper wire go - into the 0v ? with the black

 

You've not shown the white wire in your image, so I cannot tell you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dave36 said:

That's great many thanks I will give this a go - where does the white tamper wire go - into the 0v ? with the black

Your picture doesn't show where white is connected in bell box end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, the white wire goes to the other tamper connection. However with many thanks to you all the bell and tamper are now working fine, the strobe doesn't work but its not too important.

I can't see a reason as to why the strobe isn't working unless the wire is in the wrong place or it is set wrong under outputs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Sorry, the white wire goes to the other tamper connection. However with many thanks to you all the bell and tamper are now working fine, the strobe doesn't work but its not too important.

I can't see a reason as to why the strobe isn't working unless the wire is in the wrong place or it is set wrong under outputs.

 

Probably outputs

 

I don't get it why is white going to the other tamper terminal? And where does it go in the panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the white wire goes to a terminal just above the blue wire in the photo and both are marked T.

 

on the panel I've put it in the far right terminal with the 0v wire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave36 said:

the white wire goes to a terminal just above the blue wire in the photo and both are marked T.

 

on the panel I've put it in the far right terminal with the 0v wire. 

I still don't get it 

 

The white wire goes to a tamper terminal 

 

Then the other terminal should be like led to zero volts unless your using more than one bell

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If both are marked T, then either take the white back to 0v in the panel too, or just remove the white wire and place a wire link from that 'T' connection in the siren to the black 0v in the siren.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.