Security Installer Community

Galaxy 48 external bell/siren/box connections

dave36

Hi

Hope that someone can help - I've just moved into different premises and there is a galaxy 48 on the wall, but all the cables had been disconnected. Well I've figured out the keypads and the detectors but there is a six core cable going to the bell box and I am having trouble with it to say the least!

Obviously (I think) that red is +VE and black is 0v,  blue and white seem to be tamper which leaves green and yellow. But when I connect them the siren either remains silent or goes off constantly.

So am I connecting to the correct place? the RIO outputs, or do I need to fit resistors?

Apologies if this is a stupid question. all my previous alarms were far less complicated :-)

Hi

Green wire to str, yellow to bell, red and black to + and - blue and white to T

under that there are some jumpers pos/neg, sab/sbc batt sel int/ext

although the bell doesn't have a manufacturer on it the pcb is marked RPCB488 v H

Edited by dave36

11 hours ago, james.wilson said:

a zoomed out one?

yes you will need to program 2 outputs. One as bell the other as strobe

No outputs default? I suppose op probably changed them anyway

11 hours ago, dave36 said:

IMG_0311.JPG.c0cb74f3a69cc9869a01f6d93eef75d0.JPGso here is the pic of the bell box, but I think its knowing where to put the wires in the galaxy 48 that the issue. Also I presume I have to program the galaxy outputs ?

So this is a deltabell?

On 03/12/2018 at 14:04, dave36 said:

Hi

Green wire to str, yellow to bell, red and black to + and - blue and white to T

under that there are some jumpers pos/neg, sab/sbc batt sel int/ext

although the bell doesn't have a manufacturer on it the pcb is marked RPCB488 v H

Blue tamper , can't see what white is doing though

Have you got a picture on the 48 side I have feeling your connected to wrong connections

15 hours ago, dave36 said:

That's great many thanks I will give this a go - where does the white tamper wire go - into the 0v ? with the black

You've not shown the white wire in your image, so I cannot tell you.

16 hours ago, dave36 said:

That's great many thanks I will give this a go - where does the white tamper wire go - into the 0v ? with the black

Your picture doesn't show where white is connected in bell box end 

Sorry, the white wire goes to the other tamper connection. However with many thanks to you all the bell and tamper are now working fine, the strobe doesn't work but its not too important.

I can't see a reason as to why the strobe isn't working unless the wire is in the wrong place or it is set wrong under outputs.

25 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Sorry, the white wire goes to the other tamper connection. However with many thanks to you all the bell and tamper are now working fine, the strobe doesn't work but its not too important.

I can't see a reason as to why the strobe isn't working unless the wire is in the wrong place or it is set wrong under outputs.

Probably outputs

I don't get it why is white going to the other tamper terminal? And where does it go in the panel

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

the white wire goes to a terminal just above the blue wire in the photo and both are marked T.

on the panel I've put it in the far right terminal with the 0v wire. 

I still don't get it 

The white wire goes to a tamper terminal 

Then the other terminal should be like led to zero volts unless your using more than one bell

If both are marked T, then either take the white back to 0v in the panel too, or just remove the white wire and place a wire link from that 'T' connection in the siren to the black 0v in the siren.

• Upvote 1