Security Installer Community

Bell box tamper sensor lid open

I've got a Deltabell E wired to a pyronix enforcer. It's been fine for 2 months then this morning the siren goes off with the log : Bell box tamper lid open at 03:28.59 seconds and at 03:29.08 seconds.12 seconds apart. No rain no wind tamper leveling screw correct and lid correct.

Could this be blip?

43 minutes ago, Sirenblinky said:

Can't see any evidence or this it's mounted high enough can't get to it without a ladder.

Tighten the tamper screw near switch , this will push the switch tight , you have left it loose if no other problems

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Pyronix used to use plastic that warps and moves when it gets warm or cold. I stopped using Pyronix bells because they were always tampering

They still warp , but the deltabell is ok as long as screw is adjusted , especially on pebble dash of old , some newer pebble dash is worse , or that other rough stuff painted over mostly bumps all over the gaf

• Upvote 1

Well been up the ladder lid off and no screw fitted to back of box to secure the microswitch!

My fault for not reading instructions that came with Deltabell. I wondered what the long screw was for in the accessories pack.Screw fitted this will stop the switch movement.

Must try harder in future.