Security Installer Community

Hive and ring

Sirtoddius

On 25/11/2018 at 22:29, al-yeti said:

Plenty CCTV even the mobile phone operators getting in on the action

Decent CCTV systems dying trade 

I agree. That's why I don't do private work and pass it all over to someone else.  Everyone wants Yale alarms and Swann cctv systems that they have seen in aldi or screwfix. When you tell them how much the kit alone will cost they always refer to these diy kits they have seen.

On 26/11/2018 at 11:00, PeterJames said:

Three times my domestic CCTV has helped me out, neighbors hit my car on two occasions, kids breaking into cars down the road came onto my drive and were identified. Three times at my business premises, mirror knocked off my car, kids attempted break in, and fly tippers here. All caught and prosecuted apart from the mirror the company whos van it was paid for a new one.

It does have its uses. I always use mine to see when my takeaway driver is pulling up so I can be ready and waiting at the door for him ( or her)

7 minutes ago, Sirtoddius said:

It does have its uses. I always use mine to see when my takeaway driver is pulling up so I can be ready and waiting at the door for him ( or her)

Snap I do that too, and in fact whenever I am waiting for something or someone to arrive  

4 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Snap I do that too, and in fact whenever I am waiting for something or someone to arrive  

Why don't you just have proper cameras and multiple screens 

There's an installer page here somewhere but mostly for alarms I know guy up north he will do you discount four cams max £3500 

What you think? No remaniac remarks please

14 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

How do you know I dont already?

Cos the dodgy bellbox in your house you posted , the one that isn't straight , Chris is close to you he could sort it out for you man

You need to get serious if you want be in the business long........ 

4 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Cos the dodgy bellbox in your house you posted , the one that isn't straight , Chris is close to you he could sort it out for you man

You need to get serious if you want be in the business long........ 

Have you ever looked at a map of the UK you re closer than Chris!

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2018 at 19:02, PeterJames said:

...Rings TV ad should be done under the trades description because they are no way that good, unless you happen to be on WiFi LOL...

Even on WiFi its terrible. Worst device in my completely "smart" home.

• Upvote 1