Security Installer Community

Upgrade from old Pyronix Sterling to Texecom Elite question

Hi all, apologies for only joining for a bit of advice, but here I am.  My Pyronix Sterling 10 keypad was dying, so I've replaced the whole system with a Texecom Premier Elite.  I'm happy I've wired just about everything correctly, testing the zones on the keypads shows that all the door sensors and PIRs are operating properly.  The tamper circuit is in series (I may change to EOL later once I understand exactly how to do it) and I have tested that, it works fine.

I do not know how to wire the bell.  Unfortunately I'd have to hire a ladder to get to it, so I can't see the terminals on the bell or who manufactured it, but I can show you the terminals and wiring used at the Pyronix control panel.  The attached image is of the Pyronix.

The connections on the Pyronix control panel are: blue - B+.  Red+yellow - B-.  Green - STB.  White - BA.  Black - BT.

The terminals on the Texecom control panel are: STRB, 0V, Tamp, Bell+, 12V.

From the factory, the control panel speaker +ve terminal was connected to that 12V terminal.  And a wire link was placed bridging 0V and Tamp.

Currently, I have blue (B+) connected to Bell+ and red+yellow (B-) connected to 0V.  The bell seems happy with this as it isn't blaring away as it would with no power, but when I run a bell test from the keypad, it remains silent.  And I haven't connected the strobe.

Can anyone help?

IMG_20181120_164153.jpg

16 minutes ago, PyronixTexecom guy said:

Hi all, apologies for only joining for a bit of advice, but here I am.  My Pyronix Sterling 10 keypad was dying, so I've replaced the whole system with a Texecom Premier Elite.  I'm happy I've wired just about everything correctly, testing the zones on the keypads shows that all the door sensors and PIRs are operating properly.  The tamper circuit is in series (I may change to EOL later once I understand exactly how to do it) and I have tested that, it works fine.

I do not know how to wire the bell.  Unfortunately I'd have to hire a ladder to get to it, so I can't see the terminals on the bell or who manufactured it, but I can show you the terminals and wiring used at the Pyronix control panel.  The attached image is of the Pyronix.

The connections on the Pyronix control panel are: blue - B+.  Red+yellow - B-.  Green - STB.  White - BA.  Black - BT.

From the factory, the control panel speaker +ve terminal was connected to that 12V terminal.  And a wire link was placed bridging 0V and Tamp.

Currently, I have blue (B+) connected to Bell+ and red+yellow (B-) connected to 0V.  The bell seems happy with this as it isn't blaring away as it would with no power, but when I run a bell test from the keypad, it remains silent.  And I haven't connected the strobe.

Can anyone help?

IMG_20181120_164153.jpg

Where's the bell trigger on the texe?

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Where's the bell trigger on the texe?

I assume it's bt for bell trigger on the pyronix

Edited by al-yeti

19 minutes ago, PyronixTexecom guy said:

Can anyone help?

IMG_20181120_164153.jpg

I think you got it wrong somewhere , picture of panel connections please? Texe experts will turn soon the firmware suitcases 

Apologies for the poor quality but this is what the Texecom panel looks like.  When I took this photo I was in the midst of wiring up the keypad, the bell is the last bit to do (terminals on extreme left).  The identifying characters are printed beneath each terminal (the writing above is for jumper links).

I'd take a better picture but I've closed it up for now, I have to leave for work in a few hours.

IMG_20181121_095344.jpg

Edited by PyronixTexecom guy

2 hours ago, PyronixTexecom guy said:

Apologies for the poor quality but this is what the Texecom panel looks like.  When I took this photo I was in the midst of wiring up the keypad, the bell is the last bit to do (terminals on extreme left).  The identifying characters are printed beneath each terminal (the writing above is for jumper links).

I'd take a better picture but I've closed it up for now, I have to leave for work in a few hours.

IMG_20181121_095344.jpg

Ok so earlier you didn't mean to write bell+

It's bell then +12v 

So the terminal bell is the bell trigger 

1 hour ago, PyronixTexecom guy said:

Thanks for the help, you are correct.  I now have everything up and running, I just have to figure out how to programme the various modes I need.

You will need texecom crew for that , especially areas and all that part set stuff 

Think swb is around here somewhere fire some questions in lol

My old alarm I had two settings.

I'd press "set" and "A" when leaving the house, that way, on entering the property the front door contact sensor and front hallway PIR would give me 15 seconds or so to turn the alarm off.  Entering the house in any other way would trigger the bell.

The other setting was for sleeping.  Press "set" and "B", trigger any sensor other than the hallway PIR (which overlooked the keypad) and the bell would sound.

I just want to do something the same.  I know what zones are and have programmed them accordingly, but I don't understand what "areas" are yet and have no idea how to set that up.  Right now, the alarm is working for when I leave the house.

8 minutes ago, PyronixTexecom guy said:

Oh and I don't know how to get the "quick arm" buttons working, I've looked everywhere and I can't find how to activate it.

Swb , texe helpers where rrrrrrrrrr uuuuuuuuuuu

• 3 weeks later...