Digital_gee

3 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I'd keep the spares for future.

i agree with H either:-

*the keypad is not mapped

*the zones are the wrong zone type

*the detectors have the wrong values set

*the cable is damaged

Time to get the meter out and check all the connections.

Thanks

I'll triple check all of these tomorrow, I've only done continuity test on the cable going from the reed switch to the RKP as my multimeter tails reached at the time but I've almost a whole real of alarm cable so I can extend it to the panel for the others.

I am guessing that these cables aren't broken as it dose register when the door opens or the PIR has been triggered as in engineer utilities on zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

Cheers

Gee

2 minutes ago, Digital_gee said:

Thanks

I'll triple check all of these tomorrow, I've only done continuity test on the cable going from the reed switch to the RKP as my multimeter tails reached at the time but I've almost a whole real of alarm cable so I can extend it to the panel for the others.

I am guessing that these cables aren't broken as it dose register when the door opens or the PIR has been triggered as in engineer utilities on zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

Cheers

Gee

You have spare cable put the same sensor on a fly lead and experiment if you like

6 minutes ago, Digital_gee said:

zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

its almost like the panel is able to measure circuit resistance...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God