Security Installer Community

Tamper fault on EOL new Texecom system

Digital_gee

Hi I have a fault on 3 EOL circuits on a new install (my 1st install) the other 16 EOL circuits are perfect 1st time

it's a Texecom premier elite 24 with expander and 2 RKP's

there are 2 lines (1 door reed 1 PIR) showing tamper 000R to the panel and 1 line (door reed switch) showing >65k from 1 of the RKP (2 of the circuits from the 2nd RKP are working perfectly)

they all show 4k690 when they are active but showing tamper fault when the door closed/ nothing setting off the PIR

1 of the reed switch lines from the RKP briefly says secure 2k180 after the door is closed but returns back to tamper >65k after half a second

I've set alarm to 4k7 and tamper to 2k2 on everything.

would anyone here have an idea of what the fault is and to rectify it? I've already tried swapping cores on the cables

Cheers,

Gee

43 minutes ago, Digital_gee said:

Hi I have a fault on 3 EOL circuits on a new install (my 1st install) the other 16 EOL circuits are perfect 1st time

it's a Texecom premier elite 24 with expander and 2 RKP's

there are 2 lines (1 door reed 1 PIR) showing tamper 000R to the panel and 1 line (door reed switch) showing >65k from 1 of the RKP (2 of the circuits from the 2nd RKP are working perfectly)

they all show 4k690 when they are active but showing tamper fault when the door closed/ nothing setting off the PIR

1 of the reed switch lines from the RKP briefly says secure 2k180 after the door is closed but returns back to tamper >65k after half a second

I've set alarm to 4k7 and tamper to 2k2 on everything.

would anyone here have an idea of what the fault is and to rectify it? I've already tried swapping cores on the cables

Cheers,

Gee

If you think the wiring and connections are fine , what happens if you move them to a working circuit as swap them over at panel or expander , the fault will move with the zone or it will be the panel output problem

29 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

If you think the wiring and connections are fine , what happens if you move them to a working circuit as swap them over at panel or expander , the fault will move with the zone or it will be the panel output problem

I have tried this with the RKP circuit (as it want all the way across the house) for a quick check and the same is happening (I did re-patch the zone) I havent tried on the main panel yet (on the panel circuits one is on the main board the other is on the expander.)

30 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

your detection devices are either wired wrong or have the wrong value resistors placed or selected..

I have the same jumper settings for the PIR and cut the same wire links as the others on the reed contacts all wired in the same format

on all devices

A1 Brown

A2 White

T1 Blue

T2 Yellow

on pannel 

A Brown

T Yellow

on RKP's

A1 Brown

A2 White

T1 Blue

T2 Yellow

3 hours ago, Digital_gee said:

on all devices

A1 Brown

A2 White

T1 Blue

T2 Yellow

As our yellow friend stated why all devices wired this way if your using eol

So you have your answer

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

you have EOL selected in the devices but circuits wired as DP ?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

As our yellow friend stated why all devices wired this way if your using eol

So you have your answer

well this is my first install I didn't wan to go all guns blazing trimming stuff that then is needed and then not have the wire length so I connected up all the terminals in the device but then left the spare lines floating and not connected to anything at the panel end.

so effectively it is only the Brown and Yellow used on the system and therefore EOL?? correct me if I'm wrong I am a Newbie to alarm but have wired lots of stuff up in my years

once it is all setup and working I'll trim the excess on the panel side to make that all neat.

I can take them out of the device and try that tomorrow but it's working for all the other devices with the white & blue going nowhere and all the zones have the same settings apart from Guard/Entry Exit/Guard Access.

I have them programmed in as EOL in the software.

it also worked on the 2nd RKP with the White and Blue being attached fo a PIR and a Reed switch

and i have turned it off and on again :p

just to clarify on panel : -

A - Brown

T - Yellow

floating and not connected - White & Blue

Cheers,

Gee

Edited by Digital_gee

3 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I'd keep the spares for future.

i agree with H either:-

*the keypad is not mapped

*the zones are the wrong zone type

*the detectors have the wrong values set

*the cable is damaged

Time to get the meter out and check all the connections.

Thanks

I'll triple check all of these tomorrow, I've only done continuity test on the cable going from the reed switch to the RKP as my multimeter tails reached at the time but I've almost a whole real of alarm cable so I can extend it to the panel for the others.

I am guessing that these cables aren't broken as it dose register when the door opens or the PIR has been triggered as in engineer utilities on zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

Cheers

Gee

2 minutes ago, Digital_gee said:

Thanks

I'll triple check all of these tomorrow, I've only done continuity test on the cable going from the reed switch to the RKP as my multimeter tails reached at the time but I've almost a whole real of alarm cable so I can extend it to the panel for the others.

I am guessing that these cables aren't broken as it dose register when the door opens or the PIR has been triggered as in engineer utilities on zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

Cheers

Gee

You have spare cable put the same sensor on a fly lead and experiment if you like

6 minutes ago, Digital_gee said:

zone status changes from saying "tamper >65k/000R" to "Active", if either the brown or yellow had a break the EOL there would be broken and not able to see this resistance change?

its almost like the panel is able to measure circuit resistance...

Mr? Veritas God