Security Installer Community

SAB Module

Gabs

25 minutes ago, Gabs said:

The idea was just for a microswitch to go straight to to SCB of my Accenta panel, I could route it through my SAB module, but it would just be two tracks, from one terminal block to another. Could be done with standard 6 core wire, too. 

2 for the Tamper

2 for the Hold Off voltage

2 for the Siren 

Four core & 

+

_

Tamper Return

- Bell Trigger

Would have how the Module would have been fitted back in the 80's ?

Mr? Veritas God

7 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Four core & 

+

_

Tamper Return

- Bell Trigger

Would have how the Module would have been fitted back in the 80's ?

Might have been, taken any of them down recently? I would try to design the circuit like that, just don't want to damage my panel, if it goes wrong. I have built a few Security-Related circuits recently, Don't know anywhere that would sell old stock SABs 

IMG_3822.thumb.jpeg.cbfbe5f67c3aa454d7ef744b326bef9b.jpeg

8 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

modules started to become old hat in early 90's when interga's ect came to the market

castle-sabt-pak.jpg

with 20min cut off timer (£10 but out stock)

Shame it is out of stock. Looks quite advanced for one. I will just have to try trial and error for my design, I have one, but it would only be one time use, as it wouldn't be charged up again 

All the SAB modules I used in the past where dipped, surprised to see one without.

Should have a 15 minutes cut off to conform, you don't want the council charging you for getting a summons to silence your bell.

The basic circuits on Ron's site are not designed to connect to intruder style bells, maybe adapt the circuit so the relay contact sinks a -ve via the alarm panel when coil is active?

The other feature bells have is they self activate when the tamper is opened (hence the term Self Activating Bell).

If you are going basic with the charging you could use a LM317T to set the voltage then use a 1 Watt resistor in series like you say. Issue being it will only keep the battery "a float" while the battery is charged.

To charge a battery that has been drained you ideally need a constant current with a higher voltage than operational voltage; it would take forever or may not fully recharge otherwise.

31 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

All the SAB modules I used in the past where dipped, surprised to see one without.

Looks like a thin sprayed coating

I recal recall aritech ones filled with resin

Dragon ? with thin coating & ADE one with a even thiner coating

Google images have very few pic of bell mods

Mr? Veritas God

• 6 months later...
On 21/11/2018 at 19:47, Gabs said:

The idea was just for a microswitch to go straight to to SCB of my Accenta panel, I could route it through my SAB module, but it would just be two tracks, from one terminal block to another. Could be done with standard 6 core wire, too. 

2 for the Tamper

2 for the Hold Off voltage

2 for the Siren 

I think it would be 2 for hold off and the other two for tamp return and trigger, usually an SCB module would use the bell box battery to run the bell and a SAB module uses a trigger voltage to power the bell.