Security Installer Community

SAB Module

Gabs

Some time ago, I was directed to this site http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/ronj/shs.html when asking about an alarm panel schematic, I am in the process of building a panel from this website, however, I was wondering if anyone had a schematic I can use to make an SAB module, or bell module, or even if they have one would be able to get a photo of its PCB tracks, and components, so I could have a go at tracing them back out. I have an idea for a circuit, its the Ni-Cd battery charging bit I'm unsure of, any help would be much appreciated. I have included a photo of a CMOS LED flasher I made, this could be the comfort LEDs of the bell box,

Gabs 

IMG_3538.jpeg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt a picture of an SAB module would be much help, most are painted and you wouldn't be able to work out the traces.

I also wouldn't expect for the alarm you are making you need to go into that much depth either.

This is a circuit with some basic components (including my favourite the 555) that you may want to look at for a charging circuit.

http://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Binaries/Circuits/Li-ion_battery_charger.pdf

The Op-Amp need 3V head minimum, so if your charging a 7.2V NiCd on a 12Vdc supply you will be fine to adjust the values to suit.

I assume you used a CD4069 Hex Inverter chip for your flasher?

9 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would have gone with a 4017 mono stable everything built in

Did have a SAB diagram somewhere will have a look

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

11 hours ago, Nova-Security said:

You mean 555 timer? Coupled to a 4017 if you needed 3-10 scrolling LED's, like Night Rider effect.

I ask because i would have used a 555 and CR network for and astable, it's such a useful IC to have in your parts bin.

10K, 10K, 47uF in the CR network is pretty close to 1Hz, handy values to have when your breadboarding stuff out.

Sometimes it's fun to use what you have around.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You mean 555 timer? Coupled to a 4017 if you needed 3-10 scrolling LED's, like Night Rider effect.

I ask because i would have used a 555 and CR network for and astable, it's such a useful IC to have in your parts bin.

10K, 10K, 47uF in the CR network is pretty close to 1Hz, handy values to have when your breadboarding stuff out.

Sometimes it's fun to use what you have around.

My typo meant 4047

Could do it with a 555 if you could get the mark/space ratio equal, one LED to + rail the other to -

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

22 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I doubt a picture of an SAB module would be much help, most are painted and you wouldn't be able to work out the traces.

I also wouldn't expect for the alarm you are making you need to go into that much depth either.

This is a circuit with some basic components (including my favourite the 555) that you may want to look at for a charging circuit.

http://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Binaries/Circuits/Li-ion_battery_charger.pdf

The Op-Amp need 3V head minimum, so if your charging a 7.2V NiCd on a 12Vdc supply you will be fine to adjust the values to suit.

Thanks for the reply. I actually used a CMOS 4001 chip, and it worked pretty well. I was thinking of using a betray like this: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/coin-button-rechargeable-batteries/0525815/ bit safer than a Lithium one. 

12 hours ago, Nova-Security said:

Did have a SAB diagram somewhere will have a look

Thanks, I'd appreciate that, I have a basic circuit design, just not sure of it at the moment. 

Edited by Gabs
Spelling