Security Installer Community

8mp poe kit wanted

Hi 

I am looking for a 2 cam setup with 2 8mp poe cameras, 1 for the front and 1 for the back of the house. Can anyone give me any advice please. It's for a mid terrace house domestic property. Also need a 4ch recorder with 2tb hd. 

Just trying to future proof for the next few years. Any recommendations cheers, best cameras to get have about £580 to include fitting.

Thanks 

Steve 

25 minutes ago, Steve Lambert said:

Hi 

I am looking for a 2 cam setup with 2 8mp poe cameras, 1 for the front and 1 for the back of the house. Can anyone give me any advice please. It's for a mid terrace house domestic property. Also need a 4ch recorder with 2tb hd. 

Just trying to future proof for the next few years. Any recommendations cheers, best cameras to get have about £580 to include fitting.

Thanks 

Steve 

2tb and basic recorder you want 8mp 

What monitor will you use?

Your atleast better off buying hikvision , can't see how your future proofing by buying that rubbish

Edited by al-yeti

Trying to future proof by not getting 2mp something that will last a few more years. Will be getting a screen at a later date. As I plan to have mobile viewing for now after Christmas looking to get screen. 

So what is rubbish the brand of technomate? TM 803 E IP was the model no I was looking at.

Just looking for guidance and like I say want to try and keep the system for a number of years without needing to upgrade it.

Any advice you can recomend 

Cheers

Sorry I thought you were joking, snatch their hand off because any pro would want £300 a day so that means the kit cost £280.00 which is roughly what I pay for an 8mp camera, so x that by 2 plus a decent recorder and a decent 2TB hdd (at least £60) what will you get £280.00 either that or the person quoting is working for nothing, Ive never heard of technomate so Its probably my first diagnosis. My quote for 2 8mp cams an recorder monitor to suit would be more than twice £580 

• Like 1

You would probably be better going for more cameras and 4 mp  than trying to over do it with two cameras with some unknown kit. That said you would still struggle to get anything decent on your budget, unless you have a engineer doing it as a PJ. I would swerve any company offering to do it at that price, it wont last.  With CCTV you do get what you pay for 

There are many many people on Ebay selling CCTV tat that I would not trust to prop a door open let alone secure decent images. We were importing tat from China long before CCTV became within reach of price of the average homeowner. You could look at it two ways, CCTV is one tech that moves very quickly two years ago we were installing 960 TVL, last year 2mp this year 4mp as standard. Therefore buying cheap kit and updating it in a couple of years isnt a bad thing so long as you understand that it may not last two years. Or you can buy, the very latest branded kit but even the cheaper brand of the highest spec would cost more than your budget without the install price. This year 4k is the highest spec but 8k is already being mentioned when the rep comes round 

Peter

Thanks for the detailed reply the camera I was on about can be found here https://www.trac-cctv.co.uk/technomate-cameras/181-technomate-tm-803-e-ip-8mp-turret-camera.html not sure on the spec, without taking up too much of your time if you don't mind casting your view over the spec see if it is a steer clear job.

Thanks again

Steve 

Sounds like it could be a lash in, even if the kit is any good?

Looks like Hik copy/rebrand to me...

2MP-4MP is more than suitable for most domestic setups.

Don't buy security on price, get quotes from several places and go with the one you are most comfortable with most likely not the cheapest.

The problem is Steve its an unknown brand, it is very difficult to gve an opinion on something I have never seen in real life. The spec doesnt give anything away either. Many unknown brands will buy  B / C or D graded Sony chips and build decent cameras from them, they will use plastic lenses that warp making them unfocusable and cut corners in every way they can. The picture day one will look good, but it wont last.

You are better off sticking with a known brand I hate Hikvision but I have to be honest and say its more suited to your needs, its known kit and it is value for money. Dahua is another known and trusted brand. If you want the better kit then go for Axis or Mobotix. If you go with something unknown you are taking a chance. But with Mobotix your budget would be blown on one camera. Hik and Dahua would be similar ish price to technomate. If you go for an unknown brand then pay £50 less than Technomates prices, but be prepared to be dissapointed  

Peter

Good information, I was looking at the other make dahua I may take a chance on them they have some offers on and seem quite a good price point.

It's trial and error I will see how I get on. I do have someone else who is due to give me a quote this week so will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Sounds like it could be a lash in, even if the kit is any good?

Looks like Hik copy/rebrand to me...

2MP-4MP is more than suitable for most domestic setups.

Don't buy security on price, get quotes from several places and go with the one you are most comfortable with most likely not the cheapest.

Thank for info mate, learning the hard way but don't want to get ripped off. 

Using Hik-Connect I sometimes find that playback is not possible with 8Mp cameras @ 12fps. The network becomes unstable.

Normally I’d suggest scaling down to 1080p or reducing the fps if the app is the preferred playback method.

As amps says this is the problem, the higher the resolution etc the slower remote connections become, in most cases several well positioned 2mp cameras are better than trying to cover the same area with one v high res camera.

Rather than buying the kit yourself and trying to find someone to fit it you would be better off getting someone that knows what they are talking about to give you a proper survey and quote. it will be more than your budget though.

Should really be dual streams to stop this, so record at the best for the LAN setup on domestic that straight forward. Then other low quality stream for WAN connection so you don't use all the upstream bandwidth.

There's a lot more than throwing it on the wall if you want it to work with no issues.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

some systems will record both streams for remote playback. I use this then can find the incident quickly, then view the hq stream one the time is found etc

Can Hikvision Dvr/Nvr’s do this?

5 hours ago, PeterJames said:

As amps says this is the problem, the higher the resolution etc the slower remote connections become, in most cases several well positioned 2mp cameras are better than trying to cover the same area with one v high res camera.

Rather than buying the kit yourself and trying to find someone to fit it you would be better off getting someone that knows what they are talking about to give you a proper survey and quote. it will be more than your budget though.

Doesn't the hik app allow you to select which scale you want to watch?

3 hours ago, james.wilson said:

some systems will record both streams for remote playback. I use this then can find the incident quickly, then view the hq stream one the time is found etc

Me3