Security Installer Community

GT490X fault - no repair apparently possible

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

I have never seen a vocomm have a fault on a 490X panel. Has it ever worked since install and did the engineer do checks on the panel and phone socket side?

Some wont work without a BB filter........ thats a point actually IA does the line have broadband?

Yes, the dialler was triggered about 6 months after installation; I left a window open a couple of inches, which was enough to make the curtains sway and the movement was picked up, so I got the call on my mobile.  

I was more careful after that, but just assumed the dial function was checked on each annual visit. 

Yes, it does have broadband - I have the normal twisted pair to the house.  The dialler worked while I was out of the house, so no actual BB activity at the time.  But when the engineer tested the dialler I was watching him, so no activity then either.  However, some transient BB activity could have sprung into life at any time, I suppose.  However, I would be surprised if the dialler did not have a BB filter; it must be a no-brainer for installers these days.

52 minutes ago, interestedamateur said:

I would be surprised if the dialler did not have a BB filter; it must be a no-brainer for installers these days.

I would be very surprised  if an ADSL filter was in place

Even more surprised is the line was in telephone cable

& proper shocked if the eng that came on site had a telephone set to test the line with....

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

I would be very surprised  if an ADSL filter was in place

Even more surprised is the line was in telephone cable

& proper shocked if the eng that came on site had a telephone set to test the line with....

I still got my yellow bt butt phone as they would call it