Security Installer Community

Hard wired bell to visonic

Hi i have visonic pm30 panel with expander card and trying to connect a pyronix deltabell (using the light box face) i have got some info on expander and sounder connection, so far when i power it on with bell lid open it light up ok soon as i close the tamper on bell the bell go off (panel is ok and other wirless bell is ok) . i have closed the tamper and fault connection on bell just to try and stop it going off (was only going to wiring the tamper to z29 with resistor once bell is stable) any help or pointer woulds be greatfull.

thanks

5 hours ago, little_john said:

(was only going to wiring the tamper to z29 with resistor once bell is stable) any help or pointer woulds be greatfull.

It will stabilize after you connect the Tamper

Also select SCB mode on bell

Hi thanks for reply’s i am pulling my hair out with this (the expander is outputting 12V), i have now tried jumper on scb (bell still goes of when lid closed ?) and wired the tamper to z30 and set it on panel to 24h audible this is how i have got the connections

EXPANDER ~ SIREN

12V ~ 12V
GND ~ GND

EXT - BELL
SRN+ ~ ENGHOLD
INT ~ STROBE

Z29 (2.2K) ~ TAMP
GND ~ TAMP

On panel bridged tamp with 2.2k

Jumper now on SCB

Using Z30 as tamp and have set it to 24h audible

have attached pic of other jumpers

20181109_100524.jpg

3 hours ago, little_john said:

Hi thanks for reply’s i am pulling my hair out with this (the expander is outputting 12V), i have now tried jumper on scb (bell still goes of when lid closed ?) and wired the tamper to z30 and set it on panel to 24h audible this is how i have got the connections

EXPANDER ~ SIREN

12V ~ 12V
GND ~ GND

EXT - BELL
SRN+ ~ ENGHOLD
INT ~ STROBE

Z29 (2.2K) ~ TAMP
GND ~ TAMP

On panel bridged tamp with 2.2k

Jumper now on SCB

Using Z30 as tamp and have set it to 24h audible

have attached pic of other jumpers

20181109_100524.jpg

What you mean set to 24h audible? Y?

53 minutes ago, little_john said:

if bell is tampered with, set/unset it will produce alarm on the panel. when i close the lid the siren goes off, but nothing reported from the panel

Confused 

In list you say z29

Than you say z30 

Also battery isn't enabled 

Which deltabell is this ? You still got the box? With code on it?

16 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Confused 

In list you say z29

Than you say z30 

Also battery isn't enabled 

Which deltabell is this ? You still got the box? With code on it?

the part code FPDELTAX3MOD Deltabell X G3 Module, (backlit, twin piezo)  i changed to z30 i got visonic data sheet for expander to hw bell and to refers to z30 all the time for tamper, how do i enable battery ?

43 minutes ago, little_john said:

the part code FPDELTAX3MOD Deltabell X G3 Module, (backlit, twin piezo)  i changed to z30 i got visonic data sheet for expander to hw bell and to refers to z30 all the time for tamper, how do i enable battery ?

All makes sense now 

I had this problem myself not wiring the g3 correctly , had to get mr alarm monkey to help me (JW)

In picture you sent there's a link same batt int or ext , you need to select ext

Then the g3 module is waiting for power on a terminal meaning another resistor

You should have bought the G2 module would saved you lots of time 

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

All makes sense now 

I had this problem myself not wiring the g3 correctly , had to get mr alarm monkey to help me (JW)

In picture you sent there's a link same batt int or ext , you need to select ext

Then the g3 module is waiting for power on a terminal meaning another resistor

You should have bought the G2 module would saved you lots of time 

J4 can be selected as G3 / G2 ?, and J8 will set to ext,  i cannot test it again until monday, just want to say thanks for your input with this.

7 minutes ago, little_john said:

J4 can be selected as G3 / G2 ?, and J8 will set to ext,  i cannot test it again until monday, just want to say thanks for your input with this.

Can't remember now about that jumper , but if it solves problem then select g2 if it doesn't then put the resistor in correct place