Security Installer Community

TS900 Engineer mode tampers

matt93

Hi All

Not been around for a while as a change in direction with working life.

I am taking over an old site with a TS900 panel, It will be coming out soon and being replaced with a Galaxy.

In the meantime I have a few jobs to do on it.

I am in the process of mapping the current layouts and find it really annoying that although I am in engineer mode "Engineer on Site" when I remove the node panels etc the panel goes into full tamper mode.

As there are people working in the offices its a bit annoying that all the sounders activate until I run down to a keypad to silence.

I know its an old panel but can anyone remember if there is a way to stop this. I would have though while in engineer that all tampers would be ignored.

Thanks

Matt

Engineer on site means you have left engineer  put in your code then ent ent 1

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Ahhh, I was exiting out the menus and leaving it at the on site message so no one would try and do anything.

I thought it was strange that it would keep going into tamper

So as long as I stay in a menu it should not acivate

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's not like a Galaxy where you disable the tampers by leaving engineer message on the screen.

"Engineer on site" would tell the user someone had entered the engineer menu as you needed the user to clear the message on the early ones.

As Monty says you can leave it in View Circuits all day long. TS900 are pretty solid panels.

I must admit its a pretty solid panel but helps it was a half decent install as well.

I would stick with it except all the offices in the building are being changed to individual tenants and the "Ward" feature only splits into 3 , 4 with the system but I am going to need about 10 or 12/

I was tempted to update it to an newer panel as there are txnodes installed already not the 900 ones so would be just mainly a panel swap and I think they have enough "Wards" to cover it.

I have a nearly full Galaxy setup in stock so might swap out completely as Im more familiar with it and it updates the system to modern standards.

I have to update the wiring from standard tampers anyway so may as well update everything I think !!!

I have some design plans I have never tried before like using an output for a remote led signal to show when an office is set.

With the amount of offices and the 24hr access its quite a challenge especially for final set when all other areas are set to do the communal areas so Im quite looking forward to it.

Although I am most comfortable with a Galaxy Im always up for a challenge

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

System can't show armed state to unauthorised users.

Now that is a very excellent point and something I had not considered if im completely honest

I know I can achieve it but you are quite correct

I was trying to avoid people forgetting they had not disarmed and triggering the whole building while people are working.

I think I will have to revise this and just put some more keypads on the floors for ease to save going to ground floor everytime

Thanks for that one it makes perfect sense

14 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Texe has a Foyer option for the communal stuff, put zones in Area A, switch Foyer on, done.

I remember on a galaxy that you can have a group set only if all attached groups are also set

So in theory if a group leaves and someone else is still in the building it will not set communal group but the last user to leave and set their group will also set communal and entry as all other groups are set.

I did something similar to this before but I will have to refresh myself and test

It seems the best solution for automation and knowing that the full building is set when empty

Of course this relies on everyone setting their groups but I could pull in a timed set for double security if it needs it.

Just for info and anyone else who needs this albeit an old panel it looks like the ts900 also can have communal overlaps that will not set unless all wards are set

Circuits can be assigned to more than one ward (A,B or C) thus creating overlapping areas.Circuits that are assigned to more than one ward will only be armed when both or all wards are set.

3 hours ago, matt93 said:

I remember on a galaxy that you can have a group set only if all attached groups are also set

So in theory if a group leaves and someone else is still in the building it will not set communal group but the last user to leave and set their group will also set communal and entry as all other groups are set.

I did something similar to this before but I will have to refresh myself and test

It seems the best solution for automation and knowing that the full building is set when empty

Of course this relies on everyone setting their groups but I could pull in a timed set for double security if it needs it.

Galaxy does yes and you can assign keypads and assign outputs , so no need for whole building to go off

Not sure how it's covered in regs tho need monkies to answer that