Security Installer Community

Sequential Alarm Confirmation

Hi Guys 

Im doing an installation where the monitoring alarm company has requested Sequential Alarm Confirmation . Im using an Texecom premier elite system and not to sure how to configure this.

This would be my first monitored system and im in need of a bit of help 

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce 

Welcome to the forum

I am a little confused by your question though.

The only reason the ARC would want you to set it up as confirmed would be for Police Response, and the only way you would get Police response would be if you are approved, and in order to be approved you should be familiar with BS and how the product you are installing works.

32 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Hi Bruce 

Welcome to the forum

I am a little confused by your question though.

The only reason the ARC would want you to set it up as confirmed would be for Police Response, and the only way you would get Police response would be if you are approved, and in order to be approved you should be familiar with BS and how the product you are installing works.

Why? Why can't you have confirmed alarm without police response?

14 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Why? Why can't you have confirmed alarm without police response?

The question you should be asking is why would you? The second question you should ask is why would the ARC dictate what signalling you need for a keyholder only system, when you are their customer?

28 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

The question you should be asking is why would you? The second question you should ask is why would the ARC dictate what signalling you need for a keyholder only system, when you are their customer?

If you have no police response , why wouldn't you still want a call to say we received a confirmed signal?

Just now, al-yeti said:

If you have no police response , why wouldn't you still want a call to say we received a confirmed signal?

Agree arc in this case wouldn't dicatae it , perhaps op didn't explain 

7 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Agree arc in this case wouldn't dicatae it , perhaps op didn't explain 

If my alarm was keyholder only I would want to be informed as soon as it went off. There is not a lot more I could do about a confirmed intruder except panic.

8 hours ago, PeterJames said:

If my alarm was keyholder only I would want to be informed as soon as it went off. There is not a lot more I could do about a confirmed intruder except panic.

But then you would have an informa on a dedicated line lol with GSM dialler backup, be serious man you know your a house basher 

1 hour ago, norman said:

Why not have confirmation, provides a bit more information on activation imo. 

Sure does 

As a house basher some don't always use monitoring app they like the dialler and they like the confirmed dial haha

6 hours ago, norman said:

Why not have confirmation, provides a bit more information on activation imo. 

I agree, however, I can only think of one thing worse than getting a call from the ARC to say your alarms gone off when you are sitting by the pool in the south of France, and thats getting another one to say its just confirmed. If you have Police response its a different matter at least you know that the Police have been informed and are hopefully responding. But thats just my opinion I would just rather not know.

8 hours ago, Bruce P said:

I will go back to the monitoring company and question then as to why they want this if its only necessary with police response.

the normal relationship is you specify the channels you want them to monitor?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I agree, however, I can only think of one thing worse than getting a call from the ARC to say your alarms gone off when you are sitting by the pool in the south of France, and thats getting another one to say its just confirmed. If you have Police response its a different matter at least you know that the Police have been informed and are hopefully responding. But thats just my opinion I would just rather not know.

Breaking door down etc 

What's difference ? How long do police have to respond by?

40 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Breaking door down etc 

What's difference ? How long do police have to respond by?

The difference is thinking it is likely to be a false alarm, as apposed to its likely not to be a false alarm would make a big difference to the enjoyment of my two weeks in the sun. I have seen far too many burglaries, but that is probably why I have Police response and three keyholders all quite close, one is a taxi driver so he will get here before the Police .

I dont think there is a limit to how long the Police have to respond, they seem to be pretty quick down this way, normally on site within 30 mins, we had one with 7 mins. Confirmed intruder signals less false alarms, and they are more likely to be the real thing.