Security Installer Community

Pyronix Euro46 Mobile App

Vini

I'm going to install a Euro46 and before I go ahead and order it, I wanted to make sure I could make use of the "smart" features (mobile app etc), without needing to subscribe to Pyronix Cloud. I'm assuming "Pyronix Cloud" is more of a feature/toolset for actual installers to monitor many systems etc... equally, I assume it has features that help the end user keep connected to their alarm, DDNS etc, similar to "Hik Connect" in the camera world.

I am simply wanting to know, if I can make use of the app without having Pyronix Cloud. As a DIY installer, I dont have any means of creating a "trade account" for Pyronix Cloud, if required.

Cloud is free and needed for notification alterations and set up etc and for second/third year subscription

We have a trade one and i have a personal one

Also good as it emails you if a system fails polling he cloud

Once logged in set your default requirements and then every user get the same (Saves time on the day)

You need to be connected to the cloud in order to be able to use the app. I find the app excellent and very reliable. For a diy Install the app is free for the first twelve months then £36 a year after. Break this down to £3 a month and it really is excellent value.

Registered Installers can also use the cloud to connect to systems using the Pyronix insite software. This allows full programming of a system. Again another excellent product but is only available to registered installers, cough.

• 1 month later...
On 30/10/2018 at 21:22, Amps said:

You need to be connected to the cloud in order to be able to use the app. I find the app excellent and very reliable. For a diy Install the app is free for the first twelve months then £36 a year after. Break this down to £3 a month and it really is excellent value.

Registered Installers can also use the cloud to connect to systems using the Pyronix insite software. This allows full programming of a system. Again another excellent product but is only available to registered installers, cough.

why does the installer want to maintain control of your system via the cloud and not give the user full unrestircted access? bearing in mine its their system?

On 30/10/2018 at 21:22, Amps said:

what do tou mean for a diy installer, it's free for  first 12 months and 36 quid, a year...if you have it professionally installed? whats the draw backs.?

i need advice.. so i paid like 450 pounds to have a pyronix system installed like 2 years ago. Now, i changed from sky to virgin and the phone lines got messed up so can't get text alerts via the dialer anymore.

The installer said that he would install the new wifi one for me that just using internet and sends me notifications via app on my phone. its better than the dialer system etc. He quoted me £240 to have the new wifi box fitted included the service for that year. I don't know why i think its abit much as i only had the other instaleld 2 years ago, all in all for like £450.  He also said the first year is free, then 36 pounds a year. and wants me to do a yearly contract thing.

I have not gone ahead with it as read a post where the installer controls your access to the cloud? why would they, or should they? it you purchase the system? why should i have someone permission to access it?

sorry for my ignorance, but could you please clarify these points for me and the best way forward.

1 hour ago, leukybear said:

He quoted me £240 to have the new wifi box fitted included the service for that year.

I'd assume your existing controls are too old for the wifi card

I assume your getting new controls with a wifi card & all the existing items reprogrammed onto the the new system,

If you don't want to the installer to have access to the system...... I could set the system up that way for an additional cost & you can sort your own billing out & have your own responsibility to administrate it.

There's very little money in replacing the controls or selling you an app subscription.

Mr? Veritas God

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

I'd assume your existing controls are too old for the wifi card

I assume your getting new controls with a wifi card & all the existing items reprogrammed onto the the new system,

If you don't want to the installer to have access to the system...... I could set the system up that way for an additional cost & you can sort your own billing out & have your own responsibility to administrate it.

There's very little money in replacing the controls or selling you an app subscription.

Yeah, mine doesn’t seem that old but what do I know. 

But ywah he sajd that he would connect the sensors sensors and everything else. Is just the new panel that would need changing.  

You said that you would set me up that way and I’ll sort billing and administration out.

would you be able to detail what I would need to do? Would it be a case of you just paying your yearly subscription and having full control to your cloud and app? Is there anything else to it? 

and how much cost wise all in all?

4 hours ago, leukybear said:

and how much cost wise all in all?

my cost for an employee to do the job would be £235.00 +vat (£282.00)

To register it on an a cloud a/c for you £50.00 +vat (£60.00)

There are ways of making it more profitable, however something as unlucky as getting a screw in a tyre or returning for warranty repair would take any margin made

Mr? Veritas God

On 09/12/2018 at 21:44, MrHappy said:

my cost for an employee to do the job would be £235.00 +vat (£282.00)

To register it on an a cloud a/c for you £50.00 +vat (£60.00)

There are ways of making it more profitable, however something as unlucky as getting a screw in a tyre or returning for warranty repair would take any margin made

Would you be able to pm me you contact number, ill give you a call.