Security Installer Community

Risco guys - Need your assistance! Agility 3!

MaxX

Hi guys 

I follow this forumn from time to time but this is my first post.

Had a question on my Agility 3 - I noticed on the version I have, I cannot change certain settings like:

System: controls: Configuration Software Enable  (Yes/No , Default is Yes)

Also cannot change settings like:

Default Enable (currently set to N)

ARC enable 

Therefore, looks like I have been given the Sub-Engineer code thus limiting those changes?

If I proceed with Dip3 change to default and power cycle, will it perform the reset although the “Default Enable” is currently set to No on the system?

You advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks 

Max

Edited by MaxX

30 minutes ago, MaxX said:

Hi guys 

I follow this forumn from time to time but this is my first post.

Had a question on my Agility 3 - I noticed on the version I have, I cannot change certain settings like:

System: controls: Configuration Software Enable  (Yes/No , Default is Yes)

Also cannot change settings like:

Default Enable (currently set to N)

ARC enable 

Therefore, looks like I have been given the Sub-Engineer code thus limiting those changes?

If I proceed with Dip3 change to default and power cycle, will it perform the reset although the “Default Enable” is currently set to No on the system?

You advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks 

Max

Unless panel is locked won't do anything

And you understand if it isn't locked and you default , everything will default and you will have to programme from scratch!

Or you trying to default codes only , defaulting info isn't given out on this forum by the way 

Why not just get the original installer to reset for you? Otherwise you may run into lots of.problems 

Thanks for the reply, basically all I want to do is reset/default the Eng code only. I have the Sub-Eng and my Grand Master code. (but I know, it will default all 3 if I proceed with the Dip method) but as the panel default enable setting is locked to No - then dip procedure is futile from my understanding? Correct?

By locked you mean the Default Enable parameter? Yes that's set to No. 

Original installer has left the industry and not reachable - I was promised all codes after my service period was over (and paid a premium for this request) - and did get a code but have discovered its the Sub-Eng code.

Can do most things with my sub-eng (have added more Zones etc) but like I say in the post, cannot set Config Software Enable, Cannot set Default Enable.. (which I need now as I want to use my config software on my system).

Edited by MaxX

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Unless panel is locked won't do anything

And you understand if it isn't locked and you default , everything will default and you will have to programme from scratch!

Or you trying to default codes only , defaulting info isn't given out on this forum by the way 

Why not just get the original installer to reset for you? Otherwise you may run into lots of.problems 

Update: made contact with my original installer -  have my Eng code in possession now - God bless my installer! :)

Now, anyone know what port the Agility 3 listens too on for config software - I have CS installed on my machine and it is on the LAN with alarm system connected via IP.

Just want to take a backup of the config of my agility 3 system on my laptop..

Thanks

Edited by MaxX

49 minutes ago, MaxX said:

Update: made contact with my original installer -  have my Eng code in possession now - God bless my installer! :)

Now, anyone know what port the Agility 3 listens too on for config software - I have CS installed on my machine and it is on the LAN with alarm system connected via IP.

Just want to take a backup of the config of my agility 3 system on my laptop..

Thanks

You got manual? 

Yes have eng manual for panel and manual for config software.

CS all running on my W10 machine fine.

I can ping my panel responding fine.

Tried to do a port scan on the panel IP - see what port it’s listening to-no ports are open..

Went to keypad and into 4) Communication - 3) Config. SW - 3) IP Gateway -

1) IP Address - (have set this to my router IP: 192.168.1.254)

2) IP Port - (have set this to 01000 basically port 1000)

On my config software, tried connecting via TCP/IP using local panel IP: 192.168.1.66 with port set to 1000

But getting Error 20014 - TCP/IP communication engine failed - if connnected by cloud, be sure the panel is on-line.

image.jpg

Looks like I will either have to buy a RS232 Cable for the risco panel in order to connect directly with the Config Software or just buy a PTM chip to backup my config....

Anyone know where I can get a PTM chip from?

• 1 month later...

Did you ever solve this? I have the same.. can ping but unable to connect to the alarm via CS..

I have changed all the cables, but no joy..

I swapped the router to an old BT Home Hub and it works.. Can connect via CS to the alarm.

Move back to the real router, and nothing...  

Got Wireshark running and the CS makes the connection attempt. But it never gets a reply response.. 

Like you tired, scanned the ports, nothing all c.osed..

31 minutes ago, uksaundeda said:

Did you ever solve this? I have the same.. can ping but unable to connect to the alarm via CS..

I have changed all the cables, but no joy..

I swapped the router to an old BT Home Hub and it works.. Can connect via CS to the alarm.

Move back to the real router, and nothing...  

Got Wireshark running and the CS makes the connection attempt. But it never gets a reply response.. 

Like you tired, scanned the ports, nothing all c.osed..

Is there a baud rate setting when your using direct connection?

• 1 year later...