Security Installer Community

Intro and Looking for Potential Installer Relationship

BetterBusiness

Hi All,

I stumbled across this forum whilst searching for established UK security/ CCTV installers on Google. I’ve spent several days going through some of the threads and it’s clear that there is a wealth of experience here.

Having signed up today, I thought I’d say hello, and also ask your advice please.

My experience is not in Security/ Camera Installation. My background is mainly in residential property (17 years), but I have also been part of several other businesses.

I am in the process of setting up a Security camera business. However, rather than try to learn the industry quickly, or do a poor job for the clients (another ‘me too’ business), I feel it would be better to be work with an existing competent partner.

I am happy to generate the business/ marketing/ logistics etc if you are able to fulfil the jobs.

Don’t worry, there’s no need to get-in-to-bed together in a business sense. I’ll have no input or opinions on your current business, just that any work we carry out together is carried out to a good standard – competent and compliant. I realise this may not be for everyone, and I respect that.

Ideally the provider should be able to service London/ Essex region.  

This is a genuine and honest proposition. I’m happy to have a chat, on the phone or in person (I am based in London), to see if we can find something that works.

If you have any questions, or feel I have missed anything here, please get in touch.

Thanks in advance guys,

F

Hi @james.wilsonand @al-yeti, thanks for the welcome gents. Thanks also @steve121 for the kind words. 

I've not had much bite for the idea here yet. From your perspective, do you guys have ideas what the installer in this relationship might be looking for? or any concerns or reservations they may have?

As mentioned, it's a genuine proposition and am transparent about the plans, and am always open to feedback.

Cheers in advance,  

F

With respect we are far too busy we dont need someone to find us more work, when we are struggling to cope with what we have.  Even sub contractors all have several weeks lead times.

This is the one industry that is genuinely short of hands on staff.