Security Installer Community

Monitoring Regulations Query

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Is this using the BT hub special services input? BT are switching off PSTN ETA  all PSTN to be gone by 2025. They said that speech diallers and digis will have to be plugged in to the special services socket on their hub. I think they even said that special services has to be switched on and the customer pays extra for it 

I don't know what it's called but I fixed a dialler issue this way as they wondered why it wasn't dialling out since fibre went in , the phone socket was the white fibre box and was already active 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GalaxyQuest said:

Thanks for all of the responses. I will be discussing with the alarm co tomorrow.

Its my second home so im not there all the time and each call costs 20p, some

days the system tried 30/40 times, hence one month phone bill cost me £250, I should pay closer attention to my bills, I know.

The phone line has no issues, ADSL and phone line are running perfectly fine and all filters are working normally so everyone is none the wiser why the digi (on a galaxy) stopped working.

Not an issue with the panel as the digi air is now working fine.

My concern was more who is truly at fault here so that I can have a sensible conversation as it felt like something hasn’t been setup appropriately with monitoring If the daily test call had happened or not.

Appreciate all the insight!

I don't get it , as others have kind of mentioned , why did it get to a heavy hefty bill rather than the alarm company or arc not notifying of the failures and that something is wrong

Or is this how it is , asking monthly parent is made coms failure is a side issue lol

2 hours ago, GalaxyQuest said:

I don’t disagree with this, although a member of the ARC’s management team positioned that they would need to be asked to setup to do this, it’s not standard practice for a Grade 2 system with a URN.

You means coms between arc and alarm company? As arc needs to inform alarm company , alarm company speaks to customer 

1 hour ago, norman said:

Your recourse is with your security company. 

Sums it up

8 hours ago, GalaxyQuest said:

The phone line has no issues, ADSL and phone line are running perfectly fine and all filters are working normally so everyone is none the wiser why the digi (on a galaxy) stopped working.

ADSL on the alarm telephone line will interfere with the Alarms ability to here the tones which make it stop dialing.

A "working telephone line" can have a ground fault can interfere with the Alarms ability to here the tones which make it stop dialing.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

8 hours ago, norman said:

Your recourse is with your security company. 

qfa

You are contracted with your security co, they should be taking it up with the ARC. I think your security company were lucky, if your house had burned down and no-one was called, it would be your insurance company that would have taken it up them, and that would not of ended well. They have had a lucky escape. 

• 1 month later...

Installers tend to hold the contract for monitoring with the ARC as most ARC'swill not deal with end users.

We receive reports from our ARC if a system fails to poll for an extended amount of time, then it is on us to report this to the client.

Ask you installer to consider moving the signalling to IP/3G. If no Internet then you can get dual 3G/3G .For the installer all comms are covered within the annual cost so no surprise phone bills.