Security Installer Community

Monitoring Regulations Query

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

My understanding of the PSTN shutdown will mean that Digis will not be able to dial a call it has the wrong technology of DTMF

Bt Fibre to home , line voltage is local , seech diallers have no problem dialling....

3 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

digis make iirc 8 calls before a ftc. It was seen on the old 21cn. pstn is dying anyone using it for primary comms has concerns imo

8 calls seems excessive Ive only ever known them to make 3 attempts, when it first came out we had loads of fails due to the fact that they were all factory set to call at the same time so they arc was engaged at 12.01 

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Bt Fibre to home , line voltage is local , seech diallers have no problem dialling....

Is this using the BT hub special services input? BT are switching off PSTN ETA  all PSTN to be gone by 2025. They said that speech diallers and digis will have to be plugged in to the special services socket on their hub. I think they even said that special services has to be switched on and the customer pays extra for it 

Thanks for all of the responses. I will be discussing with the alarm co tomorrow.

Its my second home so im not there all the time and each call costs 20p, some

days the system tried 30/40 times, hence one month phone bill cost me £250, I should pay closer attention to my bills, I know.

The phone line has no issues, ADSL and phone line are running perfectly fine and all filters are working normally so everyone is none the wiser why the digi (on a galaxy) stopped working.

Not an issue with the panel as the digi air is now working fine.

My concern was more who is truly at fault here so that I can have a sensible conversation as it felt like something hasn’t been setup appropriately with monitoring If the daily test call had happened or not.

Appreciate all the insight!

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I would agree with you on this, I have never had to tell my ARC what to do if they do not receive a daily test signal. The whole point of sending a daily test signal is to ensure that the signalling is working properly. What other possible purpose would it be for, I cannot think of any other "set up" your alarm company could possibly request.

If I were your alarm company I would be very concerned that something that is designed to inform them that something doesnt work, failed to inform anyone. IMO from what you have said, it clearly looks like the ARC is at fault here. 

I don’t disagree with this, although a member of the ARC’s management team positioned that they would need to be asked to setup to do this, it’s not standard practice for a Grade 2 system with a URN.